Martinez Out: Post Stoke poll

Yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not in the "Out" group, but I'm not convinced his tactics are right for the Premier League

In Spain or Italy, he'd probably get away with the Chucklevision passing, but the pace of the game is much faster in The Premier League. We had the element of surprise last year, but that's gone now. He's struggled with both Wigan and Everton playing this style, with differing players.

The argument that his struggles at Wigan were purely down to the playing staff at his disposal now doesn't look as water-tight as it once seemed

Still not in the "Out" group, but I'm not convinced his tactics are right for the Premier League

In Spain or Italy, he'd probably get away with the Chucklevision passing, but the pace of the game is much faster in The Premier League. We had the element of surprise last year, but that's gone now. He's struggled with both Wigan and Everton playing this style, with differing players.

The argument that his struggles at Wigan were purely down to the playing staff at his disposal now doesn't look as water-tight as it once seemed

But he's already proven that he'll NEVER change his way of playing, no matter how bad the situation gets. It's his "FILLUSUFFEE"

And for that reason, I'm firmly lodged in the "out" camp. At the end of the season of course, we've left it too late in this season to sack him right now and expect a significant improvement

Average finishing position for Spurs under Levy - 6th.

My point about Spurs is backed up by what you say really. They spend an absolute fortune and attract a lot of good players.....but apart from two seasons, one off the back of one player having the season of their life, they can´t get close to the top 4. I personally think that Spurs, run differently and with the right appointment of manager and some patience, could have been challenging for the title and certainly at the very least could have been in top 4 much more than the 2 times they managed so far. Their resources are impressive.

instead they just do ok. Average position not too different from us. I think this is due to their hiring/firing policy, and I don´t want us following that.

We had our own steady decade under Moyes, but most would agree he wasn´t going to get us up to the next level. After Moyes we had to try something new. Currently it doesn´t look so good but I still think, barring the disaster of imminent relegation which I dont believe is happening, we are better served with some patience and allowing a young manager some time. As has been said a million times, for me his one great season allows him this disastrous season.

Last edited:

So
You don't think his tactics are any use.
You don't think its the playing staffs fault
You are comparing us to the Wigan team he relegated

But you want him to stay???

About 6-8 games ago he was asked if he would change the style of play because Everton were playing horrifically and he flatly scoffed at it. He will instruct the team to play it his way regardless of the results or league position.

But he's already proven that he'll NEVER change his way of playing, no matter how bad the situation gets. It's his "FILLUSUFFEE"

And for that reason, I'm firmly lodged in the "out" camp. At the end of the season of course, we've left it too late in this season to sack him right now and expect a significant improvement

I think your wrong there tbh

Our performance's would struggle to be any worse at the moment, Struggling to score and leaking soft goals, Again

I honestly think if a new manager was installed today and picked a balanced starting eleven each week with players in there natural position and played a fast paced style to get the best out of Lukaku we would start winning games, Our first eleven is good enough to beat most sides in this league

All opinions like

Needs to go and take his only messin backroom staff, with there non- contact keep ball sh×÷e with him. And that's no knee-jerk kopite reaction, just think we will go down if they stay. We've got no bite or desire . Am very worried, I've seen us stay up last day twice to many one more might push me over the edge? COYB

So the Burnley manager is ok because his side are where they expected whereas Martinez is ok because his Everton side are well below where was expected?

Am I still asleep...
200_s.gif

His refusal to drop a DM at home when playing weaker teams is another baffling thing he does, Not a chance we need two at home to WBA or Hull is there, Yet its the same thing game in game out

Then we have his policy of only playing one winger from the start, When he does bring another one on it is 90% of the time for the winger that started

Its obvious to anyone who watches Everton that Lukaku/Naismith/Barkley out wide does not work, Yet its repeated every single game with the same results

Last season he hasn't quite put his stamp on the team.
This season you have to give him complete credit for.
Where was the light and optimism of this new season.

swallowed up by late equalisers....horrendous individual errors at the worst times...and basically we haven´t gotten back on our feet from there.

Last season the team looked totally different from what I had been watching for many years....so I don´t agree there was no mark of a Martinez team there. We will have to agree to disagree on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.