Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
And? That doesn’t mean a winning rate of 31.6% and 26.5% are acceptable. We just sack a manager with 26.3% winning rate. What has he done to warrant a return? RM is not Moyes.

Only Ancelotti has a hire win % than Martinez since Kendall's first spell.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 10.48.30 AM.png

Ughhh

Martinez gave me some of my fondest memories as an Everton supporter and travelling fan in his first year. But I can’t forget how it all ended.

I must admit, that first season,if the promised sparkle were to come back I think we would all agree to have him back.

What I can’t seem to remember though was did he have any time to have a proper transfer strategy with proper money like the last lot. Can somebody remind of some of the terrible high value signings he made? I get the Niasse, Kone, T Clev shouts but we were still shoe string budget then.

What a mess we are in! I’m like a lonely man with a chance to get back with my toxic ex!

No from me in giving Martinez the job. I was actually praying that he got the boot back in the day.
3-0 defeat by Sunderland. 4-0 defeat by Liverpool. 2 up against WHU. Beat 2-3. Beat 2-0 by Arsenal. Beaten twice by Leicester City. Beat 3-4 by Stoke city. Beat 1-2 by Swansea. Just some of the defeats in Martinezs last season. Think that we also drew a lot of games that season.
We finished the season with 47 points.
The season before was no better. We finished with 47 points also. Nothing really learnt by Martinez in those two seasons. I was glad........no......happy to see the back of him.
And as for his first good season. Yes on paper it looks good. But you could see the wheels coming off near the end of that season. Again beat 4-0 by Liverpool. And two defeats that always stuck in my mind. Beat 2-3 by a poor Crystal Palace team. And 2-0 by Southampton. Those defeats ended our chances of champions league qualification.
Sorry for the history lesson folks. But Martinez was mainly awful for two seasons. And he just never learnt how to tighten up our defence. A defence that every supporter knew needed addressed.
So it's a no from me. No thank you. I was really glad to see him go. Don't want to see him back.
And then along came Koeman. But that's another story.
What have us supporters done in past lives to deserve this run of managers and awful football. It's hard work supporting this team.
But what do you do. Up The Toffees.

Ughhh

Martinez gave me some of my fondest memories as an Everton supporter and travelling fan in his first year. But I can’t forget how it all ended.

I must admit, that first season,if the promised sparkle were to come back I think we would all agree to have him back.

What I can’t seem to remember though was did he have any time to have a proper transfer strategy with proper money like the last lot. Can somebody remind of some of the terrible high value signings he made? I get the Niasse, Kone, T Clev shouts but we were still shoe string budget then.

What a mess we are in! I’m like a lonely man with a chance to get back with my toxic ex!
Negative side, Aruna Kone, Antolin Alkaraz, Oumar Niasse, Besic, James McCarthy, Funes Mori, Deulofeu, McGeady, Tarashaj, Lennon, Robles, Leandro Rodriguez, Tom Cleverly, Samuel Eto.

On the plus side, Lukaku, Holgate (yes I know) Gareth Barry,

Martinez not my first choice, but the job of keeping this group of players up would be tough for anyone. My biggest concern is the sharthouse fans that will try running him out of town the second he's appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.