Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually reading this again, he 100% should not be under any consideration.

Anybody harbouring any notion he might be a good option should read that and remember how bad it was.
He started off ok, then it went downhill he couldn’t fix things and it got worse so he got sacked. Hasn’t done a club job since so hasn’t proved he’s any better now than he was when he left. The only manager since Moyes which did stop the rot was Big Sam but that was truly awful football, but in a way since Moyes Big Sam is the only one who can hold his head high and say he did the job he came into do. But that doesn’t mean I want him back here lol. Dunc untill the end of the season but if they insist in hiring full time I wouldn’t be opposed to Rooney having a go.

Funnily enough the next most divisive one could be Rooney.

It's like we are purposely being ridiculous.
It's simply because we insist on limiting ourselves into the 'must have PL experience' category. It's always got to be someone who 'gets us' regardless of whether they are actually good enough, massively small time approach from our board.

He'll have learned nothing with Belgium, in my opinion. If anything, being away from club footy for as long as he has makes him an even bigger gamble.

We absolutely need to swerve. If he's appointed then I genuinely fear for this club as long as Kenwright & Moshiri are calling the shots.

Funnily enough the next most divisive one could be Rooney.

It's like we are purposely being ridiculous.
Rooney would come here hungry for success, if Dunc was his assistant I imagine they get on great and know what the club is all about. To me that seems a sensible option atm, also a cheap option. I don’t want Potter,Kovac,Santo,Martinez anywhere near our club, the denmark manager perhaps but I’d still rather give it to Rooney as so called experienced managers just haven’t worked.

I like Roberto but I'm a big believer in the never go back approach. That goes even for Moyes, there's absolutely no guarantee he'd have been the right choice to return.

This has Bill all over it.
Yes i agree, just because Moyes is doing well at WHU doesn’t mean he would do the same here. But there has been times I would have took him back, because for the most part we have been awful since he left.

It says everything about how badly our club is run that at a time we need a manager we can get behind we seem likely to go for one the fan base already hates...

He started off ok, then it went downhill he couldn’t fix things and it got worse so he got sacked. Hasn’t done a club job since so hasn’t proved he’s any better now than he was when he left. The only manager since Moyes which did stop the rot was Big Sam but that was truly awful football, but in a way since Moyes Big Sam is the only one who can hold his head high and say he did the job he came into do. But that doesn’t mean I want him back here lol. Dunc untill the end of the season but if they insist in hiring full time I wouldn’t be opposed to Rooney having a go.
Not actually true that bit.
Koeman got us European football and improved the league placings in his first season.

Rooney would come here hungry for success, if Dunc was his assistant I imagine they get on great and know what the club is all about. To me that seems a sensible option atm, also a cheap option. I don’t want Potter,Kovac,Santo,Martinez anywhere near our club, the denmark manager perhaps but I’d still rather give it to Rooney as so called experienced managed just haven’t worked.
I think it would be a crazy decision to be honest. He has been managing for a year, done well at Derby no doubt but all it takes yet again is a couple of bad results and our saviour is turned into our judas.

Or he does well and then Manchester United need a new manager next season...

I mean I get it, but it would be incredibly risky again. I want a manager who has not treated us like crap in the past.

Rooney would come here hungry for success, if Dunc was his assistant I imagine they get on great and know what the club is all about. To me that seems a sensible option atm, also a cheap option. I don’t want Potter,Kovac,Santo,Martinez anywhere near our club, the denmark manager perhaps but I’d still rather give it to Rooney as so called experienced managers just haven’t worked.
Rooney as the safe option.

We need Rooney, Dunc and Bainsy to get these players work and fight for the club.

Not actually true that bit.
Koeman got us European football and improved the league placings in his first season.
Still he couldn’t fix things when all was going wrong, that’s what we need. When Moyes was here we say had a bad run of 3 games he always managed to get back to basics, scrape a win or a draw and we were back up and running again, all mangers since then have failed to do that after the initial honeymoon period is over. Big Sam could do it in a horrendous football fashion.

I think it would be a crazy decision to be honest. He has been managing for a year, done well at Derby no doubt but all it takes yet again is a couple of bad results and our saviour is turned into our judas.

Or he does well and then Manchester United need a new manager next season...

I mean I get it, but it would be incredibly risky again. I want a manager who has not treated us like crap in the past.
If not then give it to Big Dunc. Martinez is an accident waiting to happen he can’t setup a defence.

Still he couldn’t fix things when all was going wrong, that’s what we need. When Moyes was here we say had a bad run of 3 games he always managed to get back to basics, scrape a win or a draw and we were back up and running again, all mangers since then have failed to do that after the initial honeymoon period is over. Big Sam could do it in a horrendous football fashion.
He wasn’t really given a chance to IMO. He had a bad start to the season at Southampton as well in his second season and turned it around.
Not that it matters and just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.