Martinez interview on Sky Sports News July 12th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

Increbidle

McAleny doesn't get a 3 year deal if he isn't gonna have some involvement, not at 21 years old, nor would he even accept one at that age when he could have gone back to Brentford.

Anyone notice how SSN and the media are starting to do a moyes with martinez and make him the centre point of our successes? You never here about the quality players at the club it's just "roberto martinez led the club to a 5th place finish" it's very similar to how they reported us under moyes. No doubt if RM ever leaves we will crumble and get relegated.

Anyone notice how SSN and the media are starting to do a moyes with martinez and make him the centre point of our successes? You never here about the quality players at the club it's just "roberto martinez led the club to a 5th place finish" it's very similar to how they reported us under moyes. No doubt if RM ever leaves we will crumble and get relegated.

Roberto just talks sbout his players and his 'weapons' though so he deflects it away.

Roberto does this on purpose as all the best managers with big personalities do. Just like how it's always Mourinho's Chelsea and it was SAF's Man Utd. That way, on the bad days, no player is being burdened.

This is very different to Gerrard's Liverpool of last season who slipped up under the pressure.

I think RM leaves Moyes trailing in his wake the way he is media savvy. Moyes always looked reluctant and wary with the press and didn't represent his views or us very well I thought. RM on the other hand is a natural with the media...his articulate analyses, easy manner and general intelligence complement his confident image and he is a perfect fit. I think it suits him if, as you say, the press are making him the centre point of our success as it takes the pressure off his players and after all, he is the fulcrum of that success

I'm not speaking about RM's approach to the media what I mean is that the media never pick up on our quality players like they do the sky 6 clubs, they always highlight the "great work" that our manager is doing almost like the great job pulis is doing at palace. It's like they believe without our manager we would crumble and be relegated not highlighting we have a team full of England, Belgium, Irish etc. Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.