Martinez IN Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is pathetic is people being all up on their high horse and thinking they are 'better' for wanting to keep him than those who want him gone.

And vice versa of course.

If you can't understand the arguement for wanting him out then you can't understand football very well.

And again, vice versa.

There's compelling arguements for both. But we don't control any of it. There's risks either way.

But all the one upmanship between fans is pathetic.

I think the O.P has made a decent post here, but would disagree on 3 points:

1. Royle as caretaker manager for ten games wouldn't be half as 'laughable' as our previous ten games. And potentially our next ten under Martinez. Sure he's not the answer long term but I'd be 100% he could drag us over the finishing line.

2. Roberto doesn't seem to be learning anything from his mistakes as he makes the same ones time and time again. Playing either Barkley or Naismith out wide has never, and will never work.

3. I'm very wary of what he will do in the transfer market. The way he has called McGeady 'a phenomenal player' and the links with Cleverley tell me exactly the calibre of players we should expect to arrive.

If we don't beat Newcastle then it's time to pack your bags Señor.

OP makes some good points, our manager is still learning the game albeit at the top level with a club who don't have time to waste. At last nights game he looked a dead man walking under immense pressure. He didn't know how to change the game or have a big influence on it, we played better second half but we didn't do enough. What exactly did he say to Mirallas before he came on? He didn't do anything worthy so what was said? We perform well in Europe but the league form is a big worry.

I can understand why there is an outcry, our league results are shocking beyond belief, but all the Martinez out calls are just the sort of thing our deformed cousins across the park would do.

There are a number of things Martinez needs to do that any armchair manager can see, drop Howard, take the armband off Jags and let him play football without pressure. Basically what he needs to do is, well, manage!

We've seen he can do it, he took Moyes' squad and got a club record points haul, we're the form team in Europa league and we've been smashed with injuries all season.

Stand by your manager.

We're almost safe in any case. Another 8 points and that's it.

Kneejerkers will kill us if they get their way and have some sh1t caretaker come in at this stage.

I can understand why there is an outcry, our league results are shocking beyond belief, but all the Martinez out calls are just the sort of thing our deformed cousins across the park would do.

This is nonsense, I am afraid. Every club in the world has probably sacked a manager at some point, and seeing as Martinez is currently overseeing the worst Everton performance in 88 years (worse than Walker, Kendall 1998, and any Walter Smith season), it should come as no surprise that he is under pressure. Martinez would have been sacked already at most other clubs, and I think he is on borrowed time here, I don't think he will be Everton manage next season. That's what happens in the Premier League.

This is nonsense, I am afraid. Every club in the world has probably sacked a manager at some point, and seeing as Martinez is currently overseeing the worst Everton performance in 88 years (worse than Walker, Kendall 1998, and any Walter Smith season), it should come as no surprise that he is under pressure. Martinez would have been sacked already at most other clubs, and I think he is on borrowed time here, I don't think he will be Everton manage next season. That's what happens in the Premier League.

He'd have been sacked at all the knee jerking clubs, and look at where it gets those clubs without bottomless pits of money to buy a new superstar manager.

There are a number of things Martinez needs to do that any armchair manager can see, drop Howard, take the armband off Jags and let him play football without pressure. Basically what he needs to do is, well, manage!

We've seen he can do it, he took Moyes' squad and got a club record points haul, we're the form team in Europa league and we've been smashed with injuries all season.

I don't disagree with any of that mate.

It's just the worry that is he a good manager really? Essentially he's only ever had one good season in the top flight. And that was after inheriting a good team.

I don't really like the whole 'we don't sack managers, we stand by them' thing much. It's a nice concept but why the heck shouldn't we sack an under performing manager? We moan about not dropping out of form players so why not drop an out of form manager?

I doubt Martinez would have survived this seasons results at any other club in Europe. Does that make us 'special' or does that makes us 'stupid'?

But, having said all that. For me there would be serious serious risks in sacking him right now.

I don't disagree with any of that mate.

It's just the worry that is he a good manager really? Essentially he's only ever had one good season in the top flight. And that was after inheriting a good team.

I don't really like the whole 'we don't sack managers, we stand by them' thing much. It's a nice concept but why the heck shouldn't we sack an under performing manager? We moan about not dropping out of form players so why by drop an out of form manager?

I doubt Martinez would age survived this seasons results at any other club in Europe. Does that make us 'special' or does that makes us 'stupid'?

But, having said all that. For me there would be serious serious risks in sacking him right now.

Sacking managers mid season doesn't generally achieve anything.

Sacking managers mid season doesn't generally achieve anything.
I remember when spurs were in the bottom 4 with a quality squad changed manager and got into the top 6.
Martinez has lost it if he continues we have a very good chance of going down.

So you're saying he can't do the basics? I really wanna believe this is just a blip & he'll learn like Moyes did, but the tripe that falls from his mouth in the pressers..

Status
Not open for further replies.