Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani. - Would you have any of them?

would you sign any of them?

• All of them

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • none of them

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Benjani

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Petrov

Votes: 51 68.9%
  • Sylvinho

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £35m
According to the news report below Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani have been released by Man City, Would you have any of them at Everton?

MANCHESTER CITY have started a summer clearout by releasing Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani.

The experienced trio have all been deemed surplus to requirements by boss Roberto Mancini, as he looks to shape a squad that can compete for a Champions League place next season.

Bulgarian winger Petrov, 31, endured an injury-hit time at Eastlands after his move from Atletico Madrid in 2007, making just 57 starts for the club.

Benjani, like Petrov, was signed by Sven Goran Eriksson from Portsmouth in 2008, but spent the second half of last season on loan at Sunderland.

Sylvinho, meanwhile, completed a one-year deal at City, having operated as back-up to left-back Wayne Bridge last season.

Youngsters Jack Redshaw, Tobias Johansen and Karl Moore have also been released.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-Manchester-City-exit-door.html#ixzz0qHiE5wSN

Last edited:
I would on Aug 30th.

But im in the Zog mode at the mo.

Petrov is worth a shout, hes always relied a bit on his pace though that tends to wain in your 30's.

According to the news report below Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani have been released by Man City, Would you have any of them at Everton?

MANCHESTER CITY have started a summer clearout by releasing Martin Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani.

The experienced trio have all been deemed surplus to requirements by boss Roberto Mancini, as he looks to shape a squad that can compete for a Champions League place next season.

Bulgarian winger Petrov, 31, endured an injury-hit time at Eastlands after his move from Atletico Madrid in 2007, making just 57 starts for the club.

Benjani, like Petrov, was signed by Sven Goran Eriksson from Portsmouth in 2008, but spent the second half of last season on loan at Sunderland.

Sylvinho, meanwhile, completed a one-year deal at City, having operated as back-up to left-back Wayne Bridge last season.

Youngsters Jack Redshaw, Tobias Johansen and Karl Moore have also been released.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-Manchester-City-exit-door.html#ixzz0qHiE5wSN

The ONLY option would be Petrov but he's well out of our price range on Man Shitty wages , so , ....

I'd have Petrov but he'd have to take a huge wage cut to be of any value.

Also, who the heck voted for Benjani?!

I'd have Petrov but he'd have to take a huge wage cut to be of any value.

Also, who the heck voted for Benjani?!

This. And i don't think it would be that huge of a wage cut. I'm not very informed, but wasn't he one of the lower paid there (albeit in ManCity terms)?

P.S. I'm totally biased towards Martin (at least from the 3 mentioned that is), haha. :D And who the hell did vote for Benjani? :huh:

Petrov, if pushed, good cover for Leon and nice to pass on experience for Rodwell & Gosling.

Petrov's the only one I'd think about and I don't think he'd be much value to a club where he wouldn't be an automatic starter.

None, not good enough for city, not good enough for us.

I would say that although none of them are going to be first choice from the off, they all have alot of experience and could be useful over the course of a season. As we always seem to get injuries to key players and lack sufficient cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.