Martin O'Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is Eggs, should he be appointed (I personally doubt it), his disdain of Everton as manager of the RoI will earn him very little wriggle room with the fan base... he would need to win and win immediately and sustain it to have any chance of washing away some of the smell of said disdain.

Painfully true in our current state. I think we would give a new manager time but o neill would be walking on eggshells straight away and i can hear the boos ring out already.

Not sure about this. I remember in the HK3 and Walter Smith days when he was at Leicester I’d have loved him at Goodison. Think the problem now is there is no obvious achievable candidate. We’ve been here before I can remember going for Don Revie and Bobby Robson and failing.

Not sure about this. I remember in the HK3 and Walter Smith days when he was at Leicester I’d have loved him at Goodison. Think the problem now is there is no obvious achievable candidate. We’ve been here before I can remember going for Don Revie and Bobby Robson and failing.
It may be a sort term contract end of season etc - we seem to be struggling nearly five weeks and nowhere nearer thinking of Unsworth he is trying to relate to players who are on better money than him it like you being on more money than your boss analogy it's a very poor situation for him if some players put two fingers up to him !

If we thought we had issues with DM and his knife to a gunfight bs excuses, how long will people listen to MON telling us that we aren't very good and other teams have better players then us so we really need to be happy with a 3 0 spanking in the derby because that's our level?

If we thought we had issues with DM and his knife to a gunfight bs excuses, how long will people listen to MON telling us that we aren't very good and other teams have better players then us so we really need to be happy with a 3 0 spanking in the derby because that's our level?
3-0 defeat in the Derby? I would take that right now.

Oh god i'd rather Big Sam on a short term contract, than that weaselly little snide.The sad thing about Everton at the moment is that we can no longer consider ourselves too good for the likes of medicore journeymen managers like O'Neill and Big Sam.I'd gladly snap your hand off for Sean Dyche right now to be honest.If we leave Unsy in the job any longer, then were screwed.The poor guy is trying, but he's in way over his head.

Oh god i'd rather Big Sam on a short term contract, than that weaselly little snide.The sad thing about Everton at the moment is that we can no longer consider ourselves too good for the likes of medicore journeymen managers like O'Neill and Big Sam.I'd gladly snap your hand off for Sean Dyche right now to be honest.If we leave Unsy in the job any longer, then were screwed.The poor guy is trying, but he's in way over his head.
Big Sam wanted a big long deal!

tenor.gif

As an Irishman I am afraid that I have to say I don't think he should be give the Everton job. He does not inspire pride, confidence, spirit, organisation and Everton players badly need these immediately.

As an Irishman I am afraid that I have to say I don't think he should be give the Everton job. He does not inspire pride, confidence, spirit, organisation and Everton players badly need these immediately.

Unfortunatly our board makes decisions and he will be appointed monday

Status
Not open for further replies.