Martin O'Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Dyche be that interested if he thought Moshiri only wants a short-term manager until the end of the season?
I can't see Dyche leaving Burnley now,he's doing a fantastic job right now and probably raising his stock further,i also see Moshiri going the continental route.

All the British managers are all gash managers with a glass ceiling of 10th and all play a brand of dour defensive no thrills football without winning trophies,shocking how bad this era of British managers is.

We are going with the “we never want to win anything ever again’ route with this appointment then.

I can't see Dyche leaving Burnley now,he's doing a fantastic job right now and probably raising his stock further,i also see Moshiri going the continental route.

All the British managers are all gash managers with a glass ceiling of 10th and all play a brand of dour defensive no thrills football without winning trophies,shocking how bad this era of British managers is.

Fair play to you man, up ten to six on a saturday morning to talk about Everton

Fair play to you man, up ten to six on a saturday morning to talk about Everton
Going up to Tai Mo Shan for some mountain biking,no work today hence up early,hit the trails by 7am so up bright and early and sadly caught the last 30 mins of this game.

I like your concern for me being up early,you care more than my wife.lol

Everton don’t fancy Dyche it seems and they aren’t going to tempt him away with a job until the end of the season. The fact we went from aggressively pursuing Silva (apparently until the communications from the Watford solicitors) to me suggests this sudden announcement can be anything but a short term appointment.

I must be one of the only supporters on this planet who actually has looked (googled) O’Neill on a few occasions since the Koeman sacking. My conclusion was I’d go with Allardyce first as a short term solution and I’d want Keane nowhere near our football club.

If we could however get an O’Neill and Shakespeare as a number 2 maybe it is the best avalible option. Both know the Premier league (although O’Neill has been out of it for a good few years)

Back around the Millenium I did fancy O’Neill as a manager for Everton, I liked that he was brought up under Clough and the slightly eccentric element to his personality. In recent years his personality has grated on me in the same way Mourinho now does.

Would I give him a chance? Well to be honest he’s one of only about 5 people I’ve actively monitored through google and twitter during my rather obsessional monitoring of the our manegerial situation. Silva, Allardyce, Tuchel, Dyche being the others. So it would seem that as the others are no goes for various reasons, the only option I have considered to even potentially be a fit in these increasingly desperate times is O’Neill.

But with Keane it’s a complete NO! I genuinely don’t actually believe that Kenwright would allow Moshiri to even consider that! O’Neill and Shakespeare, just maybe could get us to summer with us still in the Premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.