Martin Atkinson to ref the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually did notice that Jags McCarthy and Naismith all went after Atkinson when Lunas should have seen red

yeah, not enough though really, liverpool would have all 11. reina used to run 70 yards and it would always work. remember hibbert going from a yellow to a red. fair play to liverpool, they have won a hell of a lot based on things other than talent. i'd never want and everton team to be like them, but for these games we just have too, it's not a level playing field.

7 fouls lucas commited, all of them cynical. mccarthy only committed 1! same punishment. we've ended up with the same amount of yellows as them, laughable.

If the punishment is being robbed again next time, we don't really have much to lose

we'd probably get things like yellows and 2nd yellows for dissent...turning a meek draw into a fuming defeat.

We've been lumbered with the small clubs in this game, and only because the media's infested with RS. I honestly can't see a way out short of the FA implementing rules that media pundits & journos have to equally represent all 20 Prem clubs. In the long run this should ease the pressure on refs, as otherwise they always feel they should protect the Sky club otherwise they'll get mullered.

the FA have a massive problem. They obviously pick refs based on who knows the rules the best, they need to start picking them on personality as well! Howard webb had bottle and michael oliver seems to be improving and showing he has a backbone, but all the rest just cave in. But the worst they get is demoted for a week or two too a lower league with nowhere near as much pressure.

it's a tough job, not something i'd want to do, but you need to be the right character.

Rubbish again from Atkinson. I don't want to win a game due to a numerical advantage but how Lucas stays on is mystifying. The idiot even managed a block challenge that could of led to a Liverpool counter ffs!

He was okay. Lucas should have been off, and there were a couple free kicks around their area we should have been given. I guess I say he's okay, because despite some questionable decisions, Atkinson didn't disrupt the game or make any absolutely horrid calls. Wouldn't like to see him for another derby.

They came to spoil the game with their neanderthal rough house tactics and that tool aided and abetted them.

It's time superior footballing teams got the rub of the green off refs, not given protection by dodgy ones like that big nosed turd.

I loved how he would wait for one of players to break with the ball before calling it back for an Everton free kick.

Sh*thouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.