Martin Atkinson to ref the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
In September 2010, Atkinson was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after a time-keeping dispute with Everton manager David Moyes. Everton had scored two injury-time goals to make the score 3–3 against Manchester United, but Atkinson then blew his final whistle while Everton were midway through an attack with a chance of a winner

On 1 October 2011, Atkinson came under fire for sending off Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell in the 23rd minute of a Merseyside derby at Goodison Park, which was ultimately won 2–0 by Liverpool. The official erroneously adjudged Rodwell to have committed a foul worthy of a straight red card, although replays suggested the player won the ball cleanly and safely from Liverpool forward Luis Suárez.[20] In a post-match interview, Everton manager David Moyes claimed the derby was "ruined" by the decision to send off Rodwell

I was wondering which derby day treat it'd be this time!

A. Dodgy decision gifts game to RS
B. One or more of our key players get crocked/suspended tonight
C. Our players decide they don't really like playing football anymore and just fanny around for 90 minutes

I guess now we know A is nailed on, just have to see if we get a combo!

Goodison will be that little quicker to fume and will fume that little bit harder for everything he gives against us.

Could make for a more intimidating atmosphere for the opposition and for the ref which could work in our favour. I really don't think he'll fancy screwing us in consecutive derbies.

He refereed the anfield derby last year also.

I seem to remember being frustrated at how many free kicks they kept getting, although I probably think that with everyone.
He didn't send anyone off so..............that's a good thing

Goodison will be that little quicker to fume and will fume that little bit harder for everything he gives against us.

Could make for a more intimidating atmosphere for the opposition and for the ref which could work in our favour. I really don't think he'll fancy screwing us in consecutive derbies.
Angry Goodison is a fun place. The FA have gotten us off to a good start.

The stage is set for something. Not sure what, but something. Nailed on.

I was sat very close to that Rodwell tackle. The yelp from Suarez was un real. Big tart.
Here's Suarez in his next life:
giphy.gif

mate, i seem to remember pretty much every goodison derby like this, spurred on by terrible decisions. we still have a terrible record.

Status
Not open for further replies.