Martin Atkinson to ref the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raino85

Player Valuation: £35m
In September 2010, Atkinson was handed a one-week demotion to the role of fourth official after a time-keeping dispute with Everton manager David Moyes. Everton had scored two injury-time goals to make the score 3–3 against Manchester United, but Atkinson then blew his final whistle while Everton were midway through an attack with a chance of a winner

On 1 October 2011, Atkinson came under fire for sending off Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell in the 23rd minute of a Merseyside derby at Goodison Park, which was ultimately won 2–0 by Liverpool. The official erroneously adjudged Rodwell to have committed a foul worthy of a straight red card, although replays suggested the player won the ball cleanly and safely from Liverpool forward Luis Suárez.[20] In a post-match interview, Everton manager David Moyes claimed the derby was "ruined" by the decision to send off Rodwell

Shibbywiggles

Player Valuation: £60m
I was wondering which derby day treat it'd be this time!

A. Dodgy decision gifts game to RS
B. One or more of our key players get crocked/suspended tonight
C. Our players decide they don't really like playing football anymore and just fanny around for 90 minutes

I guess now we know A is nailed on, just have to see if we get a combo!

paulbefc

Player Valuation: £60m
Goodison will be that little quicker to fume and will fume that little bit harder for everything he gives against us.

Could make for a more intimidating atmosphere for the opposition and for the ref which could work in our favour. I really don't think he'll fancy screwing us in consecutive derbies.

Raino85

Player Valuation: £35m
He refereed the anfield derby last year also.

I seem to remember being frustrated at how many free kicks they kept getting, although I probably think that with everyone.
He didn't send anyone off so..............that's a good thing

Huyton Layne

Player Valuation: £70m
Goodison will be that little quicker to fume and will fume that little bit harder for everything he gives against us.

Could make for a more intimidating atmosphere for the opposition and for the ref which could work in our favour. I really don't think he'll fancy screwing us in consecutive derbies.
Angry Goodison is a fun place. The FA have gotten us off to a good start.

mezzrow

I follow football to regulate excess serotonin.
The stage is set for something. Not sure what, but something. Nailed on.

I was sat very close to that Rodwell tackle. The yelp from Suarez was un real. Big tart.
Here's Suarez in his next life:
giphy.gif

toffeejack

Player Valuation: £100m

mate, i seem to remember pretty much every goodison derby like this, spurred on by terrible decisions. we still have a terrible record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

It looks like you're using ad blocker. We get it, but (1) Grand Old Team can't live without ads, we ensure they're not intrusive and (2) ad blocks can cause issues with site performance. If you'd like to support the site, and help ensure we can stay online, please do whitelist us. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks