Mark Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I said a few months ago that Brands would never hire Moyes, but now im totally convinced hes next up.

If Silva has been sacked we are in real trouble, even more trouble than we are now.

In that case we would need :

A manager that knows the league
A manager that can grind out results
A manager that can make a team hard to beat
A manager currently out of work

Moyes is ya man sadly.

We got Sam in cos we needed somebody like him, if Silva has gone, we need a Moyes.

Gives us a chance to get to the summer when our options open up vastly.

Give me other names? Ive thought long and hard and Moyes is the obvious choice.
Nope

Honestly, I said a few months ago that Brands would never hire Moyes, but now im totally convinced hes next up.

If Silva has been sacked we are in real trouble, even more trouble than we are now.

Moyes is ya man sadly.

We got Sam in cos we needed somebody like him, if Silva has gone, we need a Moyes.

Honestly I think the worst move for our long term prospects would be to fire Silva mid-season. I would rather he signed a 5 year extension than we sacked him. We saw the immense damage a short term manager can do. Grind it out with Marco, the performances are fine, not top 4 level but not relegation either, and reassess where we are in the summer. Trust the man you've brought in to run the whole show to do that and let Brands make the decision and hire the next guy if the decision is to do that.

The alternative is bring in some kind of sit back and counter manager who will almost certainly ruin the confidence and stall the growth of actual footballers like Iwobi, Richarlison, Davies and Kean. It'll also go sideways at some point because we've spent the last 18 months pressing at a rate only matched by City, Spurs and the RS and a sit deep approach will take adjusting too. And ultimately we will either be stuck with a manager who is getting us no where near top 4 or we will have spent 6 months playing a style that won't get us there that the new guy has to erase.

Keep Silva, have faith that the bad luck can't go on all season, and take a look at where we want to go in the summer or reset the clock on what is probably at best a 5 years cycle to begin with. It's a crucial moment.

Moyes is ya man sadly.

your thought process is hard to argue with, and you can add

* has saved a club from relegation when brought in to do so

onto your list too, after his spell at West Ham who I would say we’re similarly “better than their position”.

He obviously failed and Subderland, but this squad is better than the Sunderland one he took down, obviously, and it’s early enough in the season that it’s not panic stations immediately.

mad long as its only a “to the end of the season” contract, I’d want Moyes..

No problem with Moyes. Was a decent manager for us. I don't reckon there'll be a change any time soon. There's a tough schedule of fixtures coming up and they'll wait till after that to maximise the new boss bounce factor and give the new manager the best chance of succeeding and winning over the fans.

No problem with Moyes. Was a decent manager for us. I don't reckon there'll be a change any time soon. There's a tough schedule of fixtures coming up and they'll wait till after that to maximise the new boss bounce factor and give the new manager the best chance of succeeding and winning over the fans.
That will never be moyes. That time has bin and gone

62fe7b7c3474428379fffd1f130e9a921ac8b60ccda0c44f25414793622d6d84.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.