Mark Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if Hughes stock has risen slightly on the basis of Stoke's continued implosion (think he had them at ninth) and Southampton's more recent one? The latter in particular, when Hassenhutl came in and got a tune out of them it didn't reflect well on Hughes who came out looking like a dinosaur.

Honestly, I said a few months ago that Brands would never hire Moyes, but now im totally convinced hes next up.

If Silva has been sacked we are in real trouble, even more trouble than we are now.

In that case we would need :

A manager that knows the league
A manager that can grind out results
A manager that can make a team hard to beat
A manager currently out of work

Moyes is ya man sadly.

We got Sam in cos we needed somebody like him, if Silva has gone, we need a Moyes.

Gives us a chance to get to the summer when our options open up vastly.

Give me other names? Ive thought long and hard and Moyes is the obvious choice.

Problem with Moyes is the same problem that saw caretakers OGS and Dalglish score long term contracts, despite not fitting the previously disclosed plans of their clubs owners. Someone with that level of past association comes in, gets an initial boost from not being Marco Silva, results improve and a tidal wave of relief and emotion together with fear of what could've been gets the board to rip up their plans and wheel out the long contract. Then the new manager boost wears off and the long, expensive realisation that he's not the messiah can begin.

That's why Sam and not Moyes was the name they went for last time. That's why this time they'd presumably prefer a Hughes or Pulis, They are clearly not permanent options so Brands can continue with his long term plan whilst they get on with grinding out the continuation of premier league status.

Still hoping a couple of results can get some confidence in for Deadly December and we can limp through to the summer when there's a greater chance of getting an appointment for the long term.

The board are purposely watching Silva's stock drop lower and lower so it makes the likes of managerial no-marks such as Hughes somehow seen appealing all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.