2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing every game or getting 1-2 draws and earning 1-2 points is not much different tbh. Both put you in big trouble by Christmas.

It’s not a big difference, but the teams below us will lose games too, so 1-2 could make a difference. Christ we are a pathetic.

.....I imagine there’ll have to be an announcement from the Board in the next 24 hours. That announcement will be a backing or sacking, but I think there should be a communication.

The decision depends who we have lined up i think.

Within the club they will know now that either they employ a top manager or the fans wont get behind the new appointment.

So many fans didnt get behind Silva and didnt give him a chance. It would be pointless to fire him without a manager the club can get behind.

I also dont think it would be a short term Moyes type appointment as that will turn the fans against the board having experienced Allardyce and the reaction leaving his job untenable.

So either Silva stays or its a top notch guy who comes in...thats my feeling.

If he stays on through December and the defeats keep coming, you just know he’ll point to ‘a tough run of fixtures’ being to blame!!

I think all of us waking up this morning with Silva still in position have that growing feeling, but you would hope (if not expect) the board to see the real picture.

His position must now be untenable when you consider the abject performance yesterday, our previous form, the position in the table and our fixtures coming up.

The coup de grâce being the clear and obvious rejection by the majority of the fan base, which was clear and obvious. Genuinely, December could ruin us!

To keep him would undermine their own position and potentially put the club on a very dangerous trajectory, so Moshiri should/must act to project his investment.

Does anyone, bar perhaps Silva himself, have any belief that we could currently get any results from the likes of Leicester, Liverpool et al.?

If we give him another week we may as well give him until Xmas , which could and probably would be suicide . What manager would come in January with a team suffering 6-7 defeats in the last 10 games and being in or near the bottom 3? We couldn’t even get fat Sam to save us , Moyes would even have second thoughts imo as would any manager never mind a good one. Although the next 6-7 games are very difficult on paper , it is still 21 points that a new manager would have a chance of winning rather than coming in with only 16 games left.

Status
Not open for further replies.