2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3rd best funded club in the league winning the league isn't any more surprising than the 7th best funded team getting 5th under Martinez. They also have a bigger budget than most European teams (usually in and around the top 10), so again, it's not that surprising that they do okay in cup competitions.

So what happens this season when 4th to 6th finishes with either/or Wolves, West Ham, Leicester?

Or based on your predictions that league standings are dictated by budget, your expect it to be the usual top 6?

We may as well not bother based on that

Well done Silva you are truly proud of your time at EFC, PLEASE GO NOW BEFORE YOU ARE TOLD TO LEAVE. If the board do not get rid then we the fans will do it.

Is that the bloke scored against us last minute against Oldham to force a replay? lol

Very same.....think he scored against Liverpool that year as well! But back to Silva, I think there is a general reluctance to terminate his contract at this stage. We went all out for this fella, even accepted Allardyce until he was truly available and paid significant compensation to acquire him. He will get more time in more opinion.

It’s international break, I reckon the Board will be seeking a similar response as followed the Millwall debacle. Different this time as he won’t have the players to work with as they in the main will be away. He can point to lack of CB cover, unfortunate injuries and a settling in period for his new forward. All fair and reasonable, but what undermines this argument is the lack of creativity and predictable pattern of play we produce, never mind the inability to respond when we go behind and let’s be honest lacklustre displays against everyone this year other than Wolves and City (where I thought we showed some promise].

Jury is out, definitely. I’m not sure it’s reached Martinez or Koeman crisis of confidence levels but the next three games will decide his fate. My opinion of course but having gone all out for him and our track record of change in recent years not delivering the Board (Owner) will desperately be hoping he can turn the teams fortunes around. Whether he can, I’m not sure, the players seem to like him and believe in his methods, so perhaps they can realise the gravity of his situation and produce performances that make make this team turn around and save his job. Because that’s what we are talking about now.

Thanks Marco

So what happens this season when 4th to 6th finishes with either/or Wolves, West Ham, Leicester?

Or based on your predictions that league standings are dictated by budget, your expect it to be the usual top 6?

We may as well not bother based on that

I fully expect it to be the usual suspects in the top 6, and yes, if you look across all of the major leagues in Europe, things are pretty much predetermined from the start.

I find it so strange that there is nothing in the media about his situation. Usually we’d hear something along the lines of the board still have confidence in him, etc

I find it so strange that there is nothing in the media about his situation. Usually we’d hear something along the lines of the board still have confidence in him, etc

I don't think he's in danger of losing his job, that's probably why. The club have no idea who they would turn to. They are hoping things pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.