2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defiance from him is actually infuriating . If he would put as much effort into motivating the side as he does into defending his own record, we might not be in this mess.

The fact he wont be sacked is pretty telling. 2 years ago slightly better results were deemed unacceptable and Koeman was sacked. Now we've fallen even further and they've essentially given up. Unless we go down they aren't arsed. Stadium is all they are worried about.
That's the problem there has been a lot of false optimism, I really don't understand why? Are we any better than let's say in 2010/2011? I don't think so. To be honest watching Everton was more enjoyable then, than it is now, because at least we had some heart. I remember people going mad over us losing to Bolton 2-0, now humiliating defeats away from home are the norm, people even moaning about drawing away. I don't really know what's happened to us, because even in Bobby's last season we still in my opinion were more enjoyable to watch now.
There's nothing really to like about our team now, we're not the dogged fighters that we were under Moyes, we don't play attacking football like we did under Bobby. The problem is that as the club know with all the season tickets sold, it's impossible for fans to really express their unhappiness. The problem is that we simply haven't planned our transfers, we could of quite easily tried to sort out a replacement for Lukaku and not just wasted huge amounts of money in the summer of 2017. The problem now is teams like Leicester, Wolves, West Ham even Palace look better than us now. The ridiculous putting random bids in for people at the end, was a sign more of not having a coherent transfer plan and just doing it for appearances.

I had the fortune of not having to watch Everton this afternoon. I went to the cinema to watch the Joker cause chaos in Gotham City, it was much more enjoyable than watching the Everton players cause chaos on the pitch. In fact the result (even the sending off) just didn’t surprise me at this point.
I really wanted Marco to succeed here and was willing to give him the time needed to make this team his own.
However I don’t think many other fans are willing to give him anymore time, I also don’t think our league position is anywhere near good enough and ultimately someone has to take responsibility. That responsibility usually lies at the managers feet therefore I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him go.
What would disappoint me is sacking just Silva. Others need take some responsibility as well. Backroom staff/players even those on the board. It’s not been good enough for a number of seasons now. On and off the pitch.
If we sack Silva we can’t just bring in another bang average manager and we can’t be leaving the likes of big dunc on the coaching staff. We need a total overhaul and we need the right kind of manger.
I don’t think we can afford to take another risk on a manger who might become great. We need to bring in someone who is a proven winner. Which will be difficult.

To be honest i'd love to see the board, go after someone like Mourinho, or at least someone of that ilk.This club has gone stale and sterile imo.We badly need a manager that will change the whole mindset of the club.People will say that people like Mourinho aren't realistic options, but our last couple of managers last employers before Everton, were Preston Wigan Southampton and Watford.

I think that shows the problem, we've hired our last couple of managers from small clubs.While im a big fan of Chris Wilder, and Eddie Howe has built himself a decent reputation, we need to try and get a manager who will make people, sit up and take notice, that Everton mean business again.As you say, over to you Moshiri and Brands.
I would love the club to sign Mourinho, I think he would be perfect for us right now. Experienced, no nonsense and a proven winner. As you said it would be a statement that Everton mean business.
The part about changing the mindset of the club though, I’m not too sure about that. Just seems there’s too many people within the club that are happy with Everton being mediocre. I think that change would have to be bigger than just a big name manger. I think that challenge lies with Moshiri. Hiring someone like Mourinho would be a good start. But as we saw during his time at Utd even the special one can’t fix all the problems within a football club.

Having slept on it, I reckon EFC have to give Silva more time. He must be allowed time.

EFC actually have a good record since the War in the few number of managers used and unloading the manager
so early in the season is panicking. EFC should try to avoid becoming known as a 'hire and fire' outfit as that, among other
things, might put off top candidates.

However he's in trouble. His 4-3-3 system has not worked all season; his zonal marking is crap; his record at all his clubs
of defending corners is abysmal; how many times must Gilfi, Morgan, Delph play together to see that it is crap; the attack is crap
too and DCL is fed less than a village dog in Russia; where does Kean fit in?. And he and Brand have spent millions and yet watching
EFC is painful, a debt from our childhood that an intelligent man would shake off and spend his time more profitably on prostitutes and
whisky or maybe gardening.

Oh, and another thing everybody now knows that Pickford can't handle crosses.

Lets see if Silva stops being stubborn and changes the system and players. I'd give him to mid-nov and if we are still near the bottom
then lets have the taxi lined up.

Having slept on it, I reckon EFC have to give Silva more time. He must be allowed time.

EFC actually have a good record since the War in the few number of managers used and unloading the manager
so early in the season is panicking. EFC should try to avoid becoming known as a 'hire and fire' outfit as that, among other
things, might put off top candidates.

However he's in trouble. His 4-3-3 system has not worked all season; his zonal marking is crap; his record at all his clubs
of defending corners is abysmal; how many times must Gilfi, Morgan, Delph play together to see that it is crap; the attack is crap
too and DCL is fed less than a village dog in Russia; where does Kean fit in?. And he and Brand have spent millions and yet watching
EFC is painful, a debt from our childhood that an intelligent man would shake off and spend his time more profitably on prostitutes and
whisky or maybe gardening.

Oh, and another thing everybody now knows that Pickford can't handle crosses.

Lets see if Silva stops being stubborn and changes the system and players. I'd give him to mid-nov and if we are still near the bottom
then lets have the taxi lined up.

In December we have a couple of matches against Sky 6.

Sack him today we have to win games now. He won’t change a thing he’s delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.