2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the issue there mate?

Sorry mate, I meant as in whether he feels the need to have the time to hone his skills at City.

I don't want Silva to go. I hope he doesn't. Because if he stays it means the results will (hopefully) have ticked up.

But everything being said about Arteta is very positive.

Will replace Pep, was told that by someone who works for city that the plan was to develop him. Took it with a pinch of salt but with him not going to Arsenal and now pep saying he expects him to succeed him.

You're right though, Arteta so highly rated in football. Would have been ideal really if he transitions to being number 1 in charge well.

Aye I think that could definitely be a plan. Though there's also strong reports Van Bronckhorst is already on their books

Hopefully it's all academical and Silva gets it right.

Do people ever learn. These Arteta shouts are utterly embarassing.

We are talking about taking a solid 7/8/9th placed team in the most competitive league on earth who have the
backing and ambition to try and break the top6 and then the top 6.

The difference between a fella with some badges and a couple of seaons putting cones out and offering suggestions to Pep to actually having complete
resonsibility for an underperfoming team in the prem is monumental. I would suggest less than 3-4% of people in that situation would succeed,

If you go for a manage with a record of success in the top 6 in Spain/England/Italy I would suggest that % goes up to about 40-60%.

It really is embarrasing people mention his name,
You are stuck in the dark ages. Its quite clear that the methods used by Pep are more advanced than most managers and Arteta has first hand experience of them. Barca once replaced Pep with his assistant and ended up reaching more points than Pep ever has.

The tactical gap combined with them having quality players has most sides in the prem looking clueless. Ten Hag took Peps methods that he was exposed to at Bayern and has now take Ajax to a whole new level. Arteta is the perfect man for the job.

This is what we need, but not Premier League experience, going for that has just landed us 4 times with rubbish, it's ok if you do what West Ham and Leicester have done, and Newcastle did with Rafael, but all we will do is go for Dyche or Howe.
Look to Europe for someone.

Allegri.

You are stuck in the dark ages. Its quite clear that the methods used by Pep are more advanced than most managers and Arteta has first hand experience of them. Barca once replaced Pep with his assistant and ended up reaching more points than Pep ever has.

The tactical gap combined with them having quality players has most sides in the prem looking clueless. Ten Hag took Peps methods that he was exposed to at Bayern and has now take Ajax to a whole new level. Arteta is the perfect man for the job.

Would be fine if we had man city's players. We've got sigurdsson.

Looking at another angle if we beat Burnley and win the next game after that is 6 points could that be the beginning of a recovery and a reprieve. Remember Howies first season!

I will be surprised if we beat Burnley tbh lads. Its away for starters and we haven't won a premier league away game since last March and Burnley are more consistent and better than us presently. They have scored twice as many goals, conceded less than we have and they have a Manager who has proper game plans and will undoubtedly be looking to score the first goal in knowledge of our abysmal coming from behind record under Silva.

Not trying to be negative but just cannot see us beating them or even getting a draw with our very leaky defence. We are poor all over the pitch under Silva and every team will score against us, meanwhile Silva and his god son Richarlison are talking up how good we were against City even though we got beat, conceded 3 goals at home and definitely should have got something out of the game. Fantastic way of telling the lads to just carry on as you are and not getting any more quality and effort out of a team that is massively under performing and achieving.

Another loss could be the trigger point with going into a 14 day international break.

I will be surprised if we beat Burnley tbh lads. Its away for starters and we haven't won a premier league away game since last March and Burnley are more consistent and better than us presently. They have scored twice as many goals, conceded less than we have and they have a Manager who has proper game plans and will undoubtedly be looking to score the first goal in knowledge of our abysmal coming from behind record under Silva.

Not trying to be negative but just cannot see us beating them or even getting a draw with our very leaky defence. We are poor all over the pitch under Silva and every team will score against us, meanwhile Silva and his god son Richarlison are talking up how good we were against City even though we got beat, conceded 3 goals at home and definitely should have got something out of the game. Fantastic way of telling the lads to just carry on as you are and not getting any more quality and effort out of a team that is massively under performing and achieving.

Another loss could be the trigger point with going into a 14 day international break.

It should be - would more likely be "go on Marco use the next 14 days to see if you can replicate that 17 day break last season" as thats how small time our board/club is.

Status
Not open for further replies.