2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think if we do go down at some point it wouldnt be a disaster (stadium aside if not sorted by then).

1. It will see the end of chancers like Kenwrong and Moshiri who will be chased out of town.

2. It will get us away from the fixation with Liverpool and having them doing so well in the league will hurt us less

3. It might actually give the fans something to look forward to - one of my mates is a Newcastle fan and he said their stints in the championship were the best he's had supporting them in the last decade or so - winning most games, playing against proper old school clubs etc.

Obviously winning the fizzy pop league or play offs wouldn't be celebrated that much by the majority of our fans who think as a club we are above those achievements (and rightly so) however it would atleast give the younger fans like my little lad the chance to see us lift something which most clubs outside of Everton in the football league have done in the last 20 years or so (win something or promotion to a higher division).

Im just fed up of this constant state of purgatory of the board having just enough ambition to finish 8-11th and 1 season in 5 or so that we come 7th we likely struggle the season after.

Its become too predictable and im
Frankly fed up of this club and league in general.
mate, what a load of nonsense

I want us to aim high what we are seeing is not good enough, the defending is a disgrace i dont expect us to win every game but i should i expect to fear every corner we defend. Needs to get back to basics start with a strong defence and build from therw

mate, what a load of nonsense

Can't believe that i just read that.

What is worse is that I am convinced you actually believe what you wrote.

That is enough internet for today i think

When you realise under the current bumbling board the last 5 years are as good as it gets the sooner you accept relegation wouldn't be a disaster to a club that is frankly going nowhere anyway.

The general consensus from alot of Everton fans these days is apathy and I dont blame them.

We are fed the BS from Sky that the PL is the be all and end all of football- ask Wigan fans would they rather trade that FA Cup of theirs for instant promotion to the land of milk and honey and I bet 90% say no as its the memories of winning stuff that fans cherish.

Outside the top 6 we are just making up the numbers and the odd year we finish 7th (light years away at present) the early rounds of the EL likely kill you the following season.

Its frankly dull and predictable for fans of this club and unless the owners actually start acting like a Big Club nothing will change.

When you realise under the current bumbling board the last 5 years are as good as it gets the sooner you accept relegation wouldn't be a disaster to a club that is frankly going nowhere anyway.

The general consensus from alot of Everton fans these days is apathy and I dont blame them.

We are fed the BS from Sky that the PL is the be all and end all of football- ask Wigan fans would they rather trade that FA Cup of theirs for instant promotion to the land of milk and honey and I bet 90% say no as its the memories of winning stuff that fans cherish.

Outside the top 6 we are just making up the numbers and the odd year we finish 7th (light years away at present) the early rounds of the EL likely kill you the following season.

Its frankly dull and predictable for fans of this club and unless the owners actually start acting like a Big Club nothing will change.
all due respect mate, I have been going the game since the 80s. I have seen some bad sides in the 90s. At no point have I even had the mentality of going down being a good thing. Will agree to disagree on this one

We are fed the BS from Sky that the PL is the be and end all of football- ask Wigan fans would they rather trade that FA Cup of theirs for instant promotion to the land of milk and honey and I bet 90% say no as its the memories of winning stuff that fans cherish.

Mate

Go back and read the points you made on the previous page.

#3 in particular.

The whole post is one massive LOL. Dime Bar are the words popping into my mind right now.

I honestly think if we do go down at some point it wouldnt be a disaster (stadium aside if not sorted by then).

1. It will see the end of chancers like Kenwrong and Moshiri who will be chased out of town.

2. It will get us away from the fixation with Liverpool and having them doing so well in the league will hurt us less

3. It might actually give the fans something to look forward to - one of my mates is a Newcastle fan and he said their stints in the championship were the best he's had supporting them in the last decade or so - winning most games, playing against proper old school clubs etc.

Obviously winning the fizzy pop league or play offs wouldn't be celebrated that much by the majority of our fans who think as a club we are above those achievements (and rightly so) however it would atleast give the younger fans like my little lad the chance to see us lift something which most clubs outside of Everton in the football league have done in the last 20 years or so (win something or promotion to a higher division).

Im just fed up of this constant state of purgatory of the board having just enough ambition to finish 8-11th and 1 season in 5 or so that we come 7th we likely struggle the season after.

Leeds, Nottingham Forest and sheffield Wednesday all said hi

Getting relegated would be a disaster for us. How you can even think that it wouldn't be is just ludicrous.....it needs some radical, forward thinking and positive ideas from the board, not a descent into the championship from which there is also the possibility we would not come straight back up.

Means nothing to me winning the championship we need to be in this league, think its bad watching players we have now you think there is any chance we will see a player like rich or digne ik the championship for us no chance. Not ever is it acceptable for everton not to be in the premier league. I see it the other way fans are loosing patience with the club we are demanding sucess and people will be held accountable for bad decisions

The sooner you realise relegation would be a disaster and that as a club we are going somewhere you might make more sense.

Relegation would be unthinkable.

But unfortunately we are going absolutely nowhere fast on the field. We are treading water, and in far worse shape than a decade ago.

Off field stuff is fine and hopefully all in good shape but we need to be more competitive.

all due respect mate, I have been going the game since the 80s. I have seen some bad sides in the 90s. At no point have I even had the mentality of going down being a good thing. Will agree to disagree on this one

I never said it would be a good thing mate - I said it wouldn't be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.