2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, changes yesterday would always have been reactionary because there was no need to change it until they went 2-1 up. We weren't playing particularly well, but we were comfortably on top at that point and had been for some time. I'd have been quite annoyed if he had changed it at that point because I thought we were doing fine and didn't need to gamble yet. The second goal was shambolic and the third even worse, obviously we had to change things at that point.
We were pretty ineffective and they were clearly looking to counter. We were poor in the first half and half time was an obvious time to rejig or change tactics.

We had a lot of possession, but we were doing nothing with it

Will victories over both Sheffield clubs then a loss to City get people off his back?

I suspect very few people expect us to get more than a point against City, there's potential for 3 if they have a day like they did against Norwich but realistically we probably won't get anything. People are on his back because yet again the same failings have been apparent against an average premier league team and with fairly little effort they've knocked 3 past us, so I think the criticism is warranted and he does himself no favours when he's previously chatted bollocks after a defeat.

It's not that outlandish to ask about his position if we drop out of another cup early on.

We haven't won a cup since 1995 mate, who you kidding?
Nothing to do with when we last won a cup mate, we were playing Bournemouth (when did they last win anything other than promotion by the way?) and it was a Bournemouth side with multiple injuries to an already threadbare squad, I believe it was their youngest ever premier league team. So no mate, I’m not kidding anyone.

I suspect very few people expect us to get more than a point against City, there's potential for 3 if they have a day like they did against Norwich but realistically we probably won't get anything. People are on his back because yet again the same failings have been apparent against an average premier league team and with fairly little effort they've knocked 3 past us, so I think the criticism is warranted and he does himself no favours when he's previously chatted bollocks after a defeat.

It's not that outlandish to ask about his position if we drop out of another cup early on.

It’s not indeed Bungs but it’s also worth considering the other possibilities

Will defeat to Sheffield Wednesday make his position untenable?
Will victories over both Sheffield clubs then a loss to City get people off his back?

I say no to both.

He wont be sacked in September and rightly so.

But equally a home win over a newly promoted team and an away win over a championship team is clearly not enough to remove all doubts over his long term future here.

On Silva, I will continue to lose faith in any manager that persists with DCL and Walcott. They have such a negative effect on the other players, who clearly don't trust their abilities, and rightly so.

Coleman is abysmal when Walcott is right wing. Theo's football intelligence makes Barkley look like Einstein!

DCL continues to look like a kid who won a raffle to get a game for us. No club in the top 2 divisions would start the clown. League 2 standard, League 1 potential. He would struggle to get double-figures in Scotland! I would genuinely rather have Marcus Bent, Beattie, Arouna Kone or Straqualarsi. Probably Lacina Traore as well.

It also seems Sigurdsson is undroppable, even though he doesn't seem to have a position! I do sympathise though as he has to play the number 10 and the number 9, as our raffle-winning Bambi striker is an absolute disgrace.

Away from home, play 4-3-3. Delph - Davies - Gomes and then Iwobi Kean Richarlison as a fluid front 3. But please just mix it up if it isn't working. The Walcott on for Richarlison sub is very very Moyes-esque. Pre-planned mediocre sub that ticks a box to deflect blame. No idea why oh why you would bring Walcott on. He has never impacted a game as a sub in his time here that I can recall.

And what Cenk Tosun has to do to get a game is beyond belief.

My biggest issue with Silva is so far is that is TWICE we could have made a statement and gone top 3 and we bottled it against inferior opposition.

I accept that it is fairly harder to win on the road, but at some point you need to do so. It was our biggest weakness last year and it seems to be our biggest weakness yet again. They aren’t unlucky results either apart from Palace; we played very poorly against Villa and Bournemouth.

Rectify these problems whatever way you can Silva and stop chatting Martinez crap. You’ve got work to do.

Inappropriate Language
If we hire Mourinho, I might have to consider to stop supporting Everton temporarily until he [Poor language removed] off. Can't stand that man and I'm sure most Everton fans feel the same.

• Middle Finger
Reactions: Jin
If we hire Mourinho, I might have to consider to stop supporting Everton temporarily until he [Poor language removed] off. Can't stand that man and I'm sure most Everton fans feel the same.
No one likes a winner, which is why we have crap like Silva, those 8 games he won at Hull are far more impressive then anything Jose will ever do.
Not that Jose would come like, but it would be amazing if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.