2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all blues really disgusted by the way we threw that game away, abject defending and hardly any organization, especially at the back. Sick of stupid individual errors and switching off, especially at set pieces. We have probably the tallest centre back pairing in the league and yet we were continually beaten in the air, I was a bag of nerves every time a cross came in, at corners, free kicks and even throw ins.

Apart from Delph, (who also made a mistake), we have no leaders, think also we were missing the combination of the much maligned Bernard, who apart from his workrate, creativity, does a lot of covering for the attack minded Digne and dovetails exceptionally with him. This system isn't working, it needs tweaking, especially away from home. Sigurdsson was invisible again yesterday, Schneiderlin was awful, hasn't got the legs for this league.
Thought Kean looked a little lost, be needs help up front if we are going to play him, until he finds his feet. If that means another striker next to him so be it.

One thing has to change, we were easily the better team yesterday, had the better players, more possession and played the better football, but we lost. The reason we lost for me is, apart from bad defending and mistakes at the back, for me we allowed ourselves to be bullied, they out fought us and won nearly all of the duels across the park, in the air and on the ground. If you want to win the match, then firstly you have to win the battle, especially away from home, against a hostile crowd and a generous homer referee. I would give Silva to the end of the season to work it out, this team still needs to settle a fair few new signings bedding in, plus we can not just keep sacking managers and selling their players and buying more, it's a vicious circle.

of course they would ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

They both need bucket loads to even try and build a team so scrap them off the list sick of people mentioning them now

They both need bucket loads to even try and build a team so scrap them off the list sick of people mentioning them now

Fortunately for us we have bucket loads and the last three managers have had the luxury.

Whoever comes in as the next manager will have the same luxury.

Theres lots of things that annoy me,like what type of football do we play? Its not possession football,its not pacy,its not aggressive,defensive,it just seems a mishmash,we only allow the fullbacks to take throw ins,even if we break away and get a throw the game stops while either full back jogs almost the full length of the pitch to then throw it to the opposition,we float crosses in be it free kicks or corners,a lack of fitness or at least the looks of being unfit until the turn of the year,and these are problems that have been around for a long time

We were playing Bournemouth, I would have expected us to look more than solid, other than 2 lapses of concentration, when you consider how much has been spent on this team. All that considered, I don’t consider Silva to have done a bad job, that is why I see keeping him in situ until things have progressed on the new stadium as an option.
In the long term, however, I don’t think he has the ability to take us where we want to go.

We haven't won a cup since 1995 mate, who you kidding?

Bournemouth had 9 players out and Silva with that squad couldn’t beat them.

Who were the 9 they had out who would are 1st team starts? I know Brooks was a regular before his injury but the likes of Gosling, Stanislas are squad players aren't they? I looked at their side yesterday and thought it just looked like their normal team minus them dropping Fraser to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.