2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
His tactics are wrong, delivering drab performances.

Sig should have stayed on and Gomes/Schn taken off for Iwobi to provide a link higher up the pitch. Even Mina was thrown up front while those two passed it across the box.

There is nothing getting me out of my seat, no excitement, no intensity. We bored Watford to a 1-0 win with only one other shot on target. Bernard is a player but he is being shoehorned into the team. Iwobi left, Rich right, drop Schnei for Bernard.

He needs to change the script that formation needs binning. We aren't creating enough and it doesn't get the best out of the players. So weird we seem to have lost all dynamism and intensity since the end of last season.

Bloody hell lads.

We have lost one match!

And we did have two absolute sitters and hit the post.

Hopefully Walcott and DCL will now be phased out as the squad gets up to speed.

Its not the defeat really. Posted in the villa match thread on thursday that more than anything else i just wanted to see a performance. We have hit the season flat. Facts and figures are in 3 games against nothing special sides we have 1 deflected goal and 6 shots at goal. In 3 games? Thats poor. Bournemouth had nearly 50% more attempts on the villa goal than we did.
Anyone can lose games. But if you are performing ok then you can say move on to the next game.
We're not. Possession of the ball but very toothless.

I don't really blame Silva tbh. You can say his post match stuff is delusional, but we did actually control most of the game and miss easy chances, even if performance was spectacularly bad, which it was. He's inherited some things he just hasn't been able to sort out as quickly as he (or Brands) would like.

Senior players - always think teams are defined by the character of their senior players. Schneiderlin, Walcott, Sigurdsson aren't really bothered about winning games or setting an examples for younger players. They're devoid of any fight/desire. I honestly don't think they'd be arsed if they never got picked again and could jog around Finch Farm for the rest of their contracts.

Strikers - DCL, Tosun, Niasse are close to worst strikers in PL. I don't think there's a manager in the league who could anything with those 3. Kean needs time, throwing him in now could ruin him.

Last night was spectacularly bad, couldn't have been any worse. But there are flashes of how he wants them to play. We saw it last season and we'll see it again once new players have a chance to settle in. This is another season of transition.

Never take any notices of managers interviews. Most of them just talk crap anyway. He will do the real talking on the changing rooms and on the training pitch. You could see he was frustrated watching the game. He knows who was bad or garbage or even diabolical.

Status
Not open for further replies.