2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part I'm just genuinely confused about why these things seem to ALWAYS happen against us. Cupsets? That's Everton. A player who's never scored for his new team? Everton. A team that hasn't won in like 20 Premier Leage matches? Who are they playing? Oh, perfect, Everton.

I'm no Silva fan and I never have been. He's an overrated, poor man's Martinez on his best day. I'd not be surprised if he failed to see the season out here.

That being said, lets look a little deeper at our issues as a club. We've not had a good side since the late 80's. We've not won anything since 1995. We've not won a derby since 2011 and we've not won one away since 1999. We've hardly won any games of note in all this time.

I'm all for giving Silva and the players their deserved stick but can we stop pretending that our being utter pony is somthing of a recent development the fault of our latest scapegoat/manager ffs.....:mad:

That's all well and good, but we're not expecting to win the league - we're expecting to not be out of the discussion for European qualification by November/December.

I don't think that's unreasonable. We've had six shots on target in three games against nothing teams.

For the most part I'm just genuinely confused about why these things seem to ALWAYS happen against us. Cupsets? That's Everton. A player who's never scored for his new team? Everton. A team that hasn't won in like 20 Premier Leage matches? Who are they playing? Oh, perfect, Everton.

Everton that.

That's all well and good, but we're not expecting to win the league - we're expecting to not be out of the discussion for European qualification by November/December.

I don't think that's unreasonable. We've had six shots on target in three games against nothing teams.
Who keeps hiring these pony managers though mate?

Silva, BFS, Koeman, Martinez. You seeing a pattern here? It seems pointless to me that we keep blaiming our garbage managers for being garbage rather then the morons who keep employing them!

Who keeps hiring these pony managers though mate?

Silva, BFS, Koeman, Martinez. You seeing a pattern here? It seems pointless to me that we keep blaiming our garbage managers for being garbage rather then the morons who keep employing them!

I agree completely. Perhaps Moshiri will be kind enough to let Jim White know what his thought process was so we can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.