2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's facing the sack. This is the kindest opening fixture list imaginable - he needs to turn it around instantly or he's in big, big trouble come November.

If you think that's over the top, check the fixture list - if we're not around 6th come November then the season is dead, and we look like we can't buy a goal right now.

He's facing the sack. This is the kindest opening fixture list imaginable - he needs to turn it around instantly or he's in big, big trouble come November.

If you think that's over the top, check the fixture list - if we're not around 6th come November then the season is dead, and we look like we can't buy a goal right now.

Every manager is but to say it after 3 games is idiotic

well yes but DCL still had a golden chance to score to go 1-1 and Walcott could have scored as well, How can that be on the manager that our forward players can't stick the ball in the net.

Because he has better players on the bench?

I am telling this from the day one, Silva is a biggest mistake that we ever made , he is lucky that he has a job in England , in any other league he would be sucked long time ago

I hate Silva but Walsh is and will always be the biggest mistake

What?

Silva has the full support of the board. This is going to take awhile to turn around completely.

I think his only response to going down is just lump as many forward players on as possible.

He’ll bring Sigurdsson off and bring on a striker despite the fact Sigurdsson was basically playing up front anyway. We had nothing in that hole to draw out players and make an option. Should have been Kean for DCL and Iwobi on for Sigurdsson so either him or Bernard could play in the 10.

Watching Schneiderlin and Gomes try and find passes to get us in for an equaliser was woeful.

Every manager is but to say it after 3 games is idiotic

The problem is the lack of balance in the side. We look toothless and have every game.

Villa looked far more confident as an attacking force tonight. If we can't beat the sides below us, when that's the significant part of our fixture list for the opening 2-3 months, then we're in big trouble - or rather Silva is come around January.

Not arsed if people think I'm dramatic - we need to pick up points now or he's gone when we come to January and we have United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea on the spin.

The most worrying thing for me is that after a full first season, 2 pre seasons, 3 transfer windows and 3 games against dross in this new season, we can still put out a performance as poor as that tonight. It is not a good sign and people can defend Silva as much as they like but it is his job to make us not play like that.

Please no more pacifiers for Marco, mid table at best.
How he kept DCL on, why he waited 60 odd minutes to make a change, then completely confuse the formation.
Ponderous, no attacking prowess and weak minded.
Waste of my time and hard earned money for that debacle.

I'm convinced that the best scenario for him is something like what Simeone did with Atletico. Exceptionally tight defense with just enough in attack and a bang in form striker. He just doesn't seem to be someone who is going to put together a fluent, deadly front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.