2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could swap that match out for any one the ones we had during our poor run over Christmas last season. A defensive mistake from switching off, no creativity, dwelling too long on the ball, some sloppy passing and no ability to finish chances.

Then wait too long for subs when it obviously isn't working and if we're a goal down throw another striker on.

Time is a flat circle

Not sure about the decisions tonight. Needed intricacy and ball retention against that Villa team; exactly the same thing happened to Spurs until Eriksen came on.

I would have left Gylfi on and DCL off.

Kean needed to be on from the beginning when the game was more open, not when they had all men behind the ball when they lost possession. Such a soft soft decision to keep him on the bench still

DCL on till the end? What a joke, i'd have rather kept Bernard on to link with Digne Iwobi and Kean to try and create.

Shocking it took till almost 65th minute to make the changes too.

Not impressed at all today with Silva

Sigh. My biggest qualm with him is he throws attacking players onto the pitch and just hopes that it works. Needs to earn some goodwill by taking the next couple of away games because we have lost another one of those must wins.

Not a year with his own team though is it. Hes had 3 weeks with 6 new players so whatever. Predictable in his subs, starting line up was wrong but think you should be pointing the finger at the players more than him. Richarlison, walcott, dcl, sigurdsson, gomes, schneiderlin all garbage today. Doesn't matter who the manager is if that many players have an off day.
Why, it’s same old same old with him. It’s jot like his history is so amazing that it makes you think he’s capable of anything more than mediocrity either.

Silva is the manager and will remain as manager.

Me? I'm not advocating either way, tbh, I just know that Silva + Brands are a double act that aren't going anywhere soon, so I'd save your protests...especially seeing as we're 3 games in.
Silva is almost fifty games in.

He's had a nightmare tonight. The team selection was poor. I just don't understand why he can never make a proactive decision after a win. Why he can't look at a performance and say we did get three points but we were poor going forward just like the week before and need to change it. But he went with the same attack and it predictably didn't work.

Then he unnecessarily waited 15 minutes in the second half to change it. There was nothing more to see in those 15 minutes so that was pure waste. Then he takes off not one but both of our central options to go basically to three strikers as Richarlison by this point was miles inside. We spent 20 minutes trying to score with no creativity besides Iwobi and Digne on the left.

He just made a total mess of this. Hopefully he can learn from it rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.