2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big, big run of games that will determine our season and I'd think Silva's future.

Norwich - home

Leicester - away

Liverpool - away

Chelsea - home

Manu - away

Leicester - home Carabou Cup

Arsenal - home.
If he beats Norwich on Saturday, it'll buy him a free pass for the rest. I'd expect to beat Arsenal at home, though.

Reckon he got that 2 weeks ago with the saints win.

No way we sack him now
Yeah, that was a big result for him, although I think it'd be negated if he somehow managed to lose this weekend.

I've flip-flopped a bit in regard to when he should go. I don't think he's the man who you want in charge if a relegation fight becomes a reality, but then the Southampton game showed that the players haven't downed tools on him yet, so perhaps it's not as urgent as I feared.

Ideally, he would stumble along until the summer, with the club identifying a replacement in the meantime. Even that feels like a big ask for this regime, though.

Silva seems to be able to cope with playing top six teams than the other teams in the league.

I think the Pochettino sacking will have consequences for our manager because Spurs have sacked their manager although above us in the league and Everton fans are ambitious and expect the best still even though it has rarely been delivered in recent seasons.
The unrest will continue to grow amongst the fans unless results improve dramatically and it is the fans unhappiness which may eventually force the board to act.

I think the manager is still on the precipice and a poor result such as a loss at home next week may just be the final straw.
I believe the manager needs to put five or six decent results together before he can feel more comfortable in his job.

Yeah, that was a big result for him, although I think it'd be negated if he somehow managed to lose this weekend.

I've flip-flopped a bit in regard to when he should go. I don't think he's the man who you want in charge if a relegation fight becomes a reality, but then the Southampton game showed that the players haven't downed tools on him yet, so perhaps it's not as urgent as I feared.

Ideally, he would stumble along until the summer, with the club identifying a replacement in the meantime. Even that feels like a big ask for this regime, though.
My thoughts exactly. Unless we do capsise then hope for a turn around and a cup win now and replace.

Best case scenario is that we end up with a boss finish and/or a cup and I'm happy to back Silva from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.