2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think it's you that doesn't get it.

It's just a statement of fact. We really are 3 points off 5th. If people were saying 'if we beat Norwich we could go 5th' that would be incorrect. But they're not are they? They're saying we're 3 points off 5th to highlight how tight the table is and how we haven't been left behind, not to suggest that it's where we're going to be a week on saturday.

No i totally get it, but some people, mostly Silva apologists to be fair, use it as a way to make out things aint so bad, or they will play the hard done by VAR card to go with it.
Besides we have been left behind, 15 places behind the top, 11 places behind top 4, 9 places behind top 6.....etc
Also 6 places back on this stage last season...etc

The reason why the whole 3 points off 5th thing is jarg IMO is because our December run is a shocker.

Whilst true now I'll eat my hat if we are anything lower than 7/8+ points off 5th come New Year.

Season over by Xmas again thanks to this Putz.
That would apply regardless though wouldn't it? It wouldn't matter if we were top now if we lost all our games in December, we'd soon drop down the table. Doesn't stop it from being a fact though.

I agree, I've said that myself. I don't agree with it because it's just another season down the pan.Then if he starts next season will we be having the same conversation this time next year.

I said it the other day mate, if Silva does get till the end of the season, and say we end up doing okay, I would hope the board look at it, and rather than thinking Silva gets another season because he did okay, they decide if he is the man too take us forward in the long term.

I said it the other day mate, if Silva does get till the end of the season, and say we end up doing okay, I would hope the board look at it, and rather than thinking Silva gets another season because he did okay, they decide if he is the man too take us forward in the long term.

Doesnt Silva only have a 3 year contract, so if the club think he's got something and trust him then they'll have to offer him a contract extension this summer, as it stands I think he'll be let go

If Silva finishes strongly in position and performance over the full season of course he will stay in place, why wouldn’t he?.
It’s November, there’s a hell of a lot of football to be played yet , and we are still well in contention for a top six finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.