2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcelino is unemployed right now and highly regarded.

Managers such as gallardo with a massive pay rise would be tempted to earn that job at Barca in the future.

Plenty available. The problem is , when we are up against those clubs, we are the ones to either whilst they bring the good managers in.

Do you not think klopp would have went to Chelsea arsenal United type of clubs had they approached him at the time? Liverpool took the emphasis and got rid of Rodgers to get him. We have that opportunity but not for much longer, given how much the teams you mentioned are struggling.

So looking at the availability of unemployed managers or obtainable with big wages.

Allegei
Jose
Marcelino
Emery (perhaps)
Gallardo (big money grab)

Perhaps not all realistic but do you believe that not one of them would come here if we asked? Considering we can double or even triple their wages, put them in a shop window for the top teams, offer them a chance to manage in the premier League?

It's ambition. I don't expect a Jose or allegei to come here no. But we could at least approach them , approach a big name manager that's available before someone else does. No harm in trying, nothing but the best and all of that.

Not whoever just got sacked / relegated will do.
Marcellino might.
The others I would severely doubt been honest. We are not that attractive to outsiders.

And that mentality leads to stat that keeps getting recycled about Silva's Everton team never coming from behind to win.
without even checking his Seville record, I know in his last season there that he did not one a single away game in the league.

I would never hire a manager on that stat alone as it shows he has an obvious flaw.

you would never get anywhere in the premier league on home results alone
Yeah mate, you are right.

Winning the Europa League nearly every year would be crap though. Not like he went from winning the cup to yet another final with arsenal either.

Not even that champions League prize at the end of it that would negate the need to be in the top 4. All those trophies we would win, European away days the fans could enjoy on am actual cup run.

Don't need any of that, you reckon he is crap.

Yes and we are just 3 points above the relegation zone, have won 1 game out of the last 7, conceded 17 goals in 11 games and boast a -6 goal difference.
True, but look at our injuries, new CB pairing, no Ghana and VAR bull has cost five points in last two games. Silva needs the roll of the dice. Most games turn on one goal, one decision that gives momentum to a team. We are not getting our share lately. Does not excuse earlier in season but of late we are hard done by.

Winning the Europa League nearly every year would be crap though. Not like he went from winning the cup to yet another final with arsenal either.

Not even that champions League prize at the end of it that would negate the need to be in the top 4. All those trophies we would win, European away days the fans could enjoy on am actual cup run.

Emery would be as good as we could get i think

people aren't takingour current position seriously , thinking we are going to go on a run and games and catch up these '5 points' and get 6th by end of jan or something.

they need to wake up
No, they just realise that we are 10 games into a 38 game season with 84 points still to play for. We all know that Silva is not the guy to take us forward, you would have to be wearing blinkers not too, i'm not even convinced Brands is the right guy to rebuild us tbh. However until someone comes up with a genuine realistic name to replace Silva then i don't see the point in sacking him. All i have seen so far are shouts for utter nonsense names like Jose and Rafael. There are a few good guys who would suit us down to the ground but none are going to quit clubs to move so early in a season. As i mentioned the other day, we may just have to bide our time till the end of the season.

arsenal are looking to get rid of him as he cant win away …. ???????

but yeah, lets go and get him and come second in the europa league …

oh hang on

wed have to qualify for it first via the premier league where HE CANT WIN AWAY

see what I mean about being flawed.

Beating klopp.and the rs in a final another plus

Marcellino might.
The others I would severely doubt been honest. We are not that attractive to outsiders.
That may be true. I'm not saying we would get someone like that. So I agree with you, well aware of what our standing is.

But the general point I mean is what if we did get one of them to come? We can only ask

Won 3 europa leagues in a row .
Beat the rs in a final.
Went to psg after that . A given but won things.
People here want David Moyes, eddie Howe and chris wilder.
Ffs Frank.
id have any of them over emery ...

much more suited to playing premier league football.

sheff united and Bournemouth are just as good as arsenal as it is this season .. but arsenal have spent 72m on one player

We're abysmal.

It's not all on Silva. He changed the system yesterday (again). Did what people have been asking. I reckon most people were happy with that side at the start of the game tbh.

It didn't work.

Silva's tactics clearly aren't working but there has to be massive blame on the players. We may have a poor manager. But we also have a poor squad. We have poor players.

That's not just on Silva.
I keep mentioning this but some lids on here won’t have it. ‘Most of our squad would walk into two-thirds of premier league teams’ and other such nonsense is what I hear. Wake up and smell the coffee, it’s a bang average squad that’s been assembled for largely inflated prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.