2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Everton board are not interested in competing with Liverpool or anyone else. They see fan expectation as an annoyance and seem to only prioritise staying in the league and picking up charitable awards.
This is true this, while think EITC is great it seems more important to the club then winning things, are at least trying to.

The mods, well @AndyC decided to change it.

With no say from me.

As long as the clique are happy though.. Thats what counts
Utter and absolute tosh as well you know.

It was put to a truly democratic vote and even then, as is clearly visible in that thread, you were given the opportunity to respond BEFORE the change was actually made.

For whatever reason, you chose not to respond and so the change was made.

It was all done in a light-hearted mood and to the best of my knowledge you have neither complained nor requested a reversal of the name change.

The conclusion, rightly or wrongly therefore, is that you enjoy the notoriety and crave the attention that your whinging affords you.

Have a nice day :coffee:

Is Brands getting away a bit lightly with this? Does Maro get much say in transfers?

Our starting XI is weaker than it was 12 months ago - Zouma and Gueye not replaced and our striking issues are relent on the same set of players +1 teenager who will need time.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not for a second saying Marco is blameless! But I actually think if you look back over the past 5 years, Martinez and Koeman had a better set of players to work with
Perhaps a more cohesive team? I don't think anyone can dispute that there's more individual talent today.

Well nothing...........other than they play in the same city and our grounds are half a mile apart and they’re our biggest rivals.
This is very much a Yankees/Mets scenario (2 NYC baseball teams 3 mi apart). The Yankees have historically been very successful and are a top team. The Mets have not. Only one set of fans is concerned about the other. Guess which one?

I would imagine that if Alan Myers has any sources left within the club, they are through Bill who isn't going to be in the driving seat when it comes to a decision to sack Marco.

But no harm to take some stock during the international break and try to come out the other side.

I don't think he will survive defeat on Saturday but even if we do win, he is going to have to put some run together.

It's more common than not that a manager gets a result in a "must-win" game, only to find that decision-makers heads are already turned and/or the wheels are already in motion, and they get the sack afterwards.

He really has to put a run of results together, which of course will include away games and that's where things will go to pot for him.

I agree with the club giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm expecting him to be gone well before the end of the month.

I'll be delighted though if he is still here by then which means we have put a good run of results together.

Last edited:
What if we draw?

Who knows but it would not be good enough for me.

Given our abysmal away record in particular, we cannot afford to lose any more points at home against sides outside the top six.

A draw would feel almost as bad as another defeat to me.

We have to win on Saturday.

I would imagine that if Alan Myers has any sources left within the club, they are through Bill who isn't going to be in the driving seat when it comes to a decision to sack Marco.

But no harm to take some stock during the international break and try to come out the other side.

I don't think he will survive defeat on Saturday but even if we do win, he is going to have to put some run together.

It's more common than not that a manager gets a result in a "must-win" game, only to find that decision-makers heads are already turned and/or the wheels are already in motion, and they get the sack afterwards.

He really has to put a run of results together, which of course will include away games and that's where things will go to pot for him.

I agree with the club giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm expecting him to be gone well before the end of the month.

I'll be delighted though if he is still here by then which means we have put a good run of results together.
What do you make of this infuriating away form we've been saddled with? The fact that we're away and are mentally fragile, or the irrational insistence on the same strategy against teams that largely play a low block and dare us to come through the middle? Or a little of both?

Utter and absolute tosh as well you know.

It was put to a truly democratic vote and even then, as is clearly visible in that thread, you were given the opportunity to respond BEFORE the change was actually made.

For whatever reason, you chose not to respond and so the change was made.

It was all done in a light-hearted mood and to the best of my knowledge you have neither complained nor requested a reversal of the name change.

The conclusion, rightly or wrongly therefore, is that you enjoy the notoriety and crave the attention that your whinging affords you.

Have a nice day :coffee:

And furthermore, the expiry date on asking for a change has to be long gone by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.