2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced that the best scenario for him is something like what Simeone did with Atletico. Exceptionally tight defense with just enough in attack and a bang in form striker. He just doesn't seem to be someone who is going to put together a fluent, deadly front line.

Shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Simeone, nowhere near savvy enough.

Way too early to be under pressure. I want him to do well. But he has to do a heck of a lot better than that and make subs that resemble some form of a formation.
He’ll be under pressure if we aren’t getting at least 7 points from the next three games.

Could you imagine if he was just like 'unlucky lads, just one of them..' in the changing room at FT? Kinda wouldn't even surprise me.

Way too early to be under pressure. I want him to do well. But he has to do a heck of a lot better than that and make subs that resemble some form of a formation.

Needs to send out a strong team on Wednesday, same back 5 but drop DCL, Siggurdsson and one of Schneiderlin or Gomes for Iwobi, Kean and Davies

You might be onto something if only...
The thing is Simone is a man of immense character, who demands respect commitment and courage, and who inspires, in equal amounts.
The man who 'played as if I was carrying a knife between my teeth'.

Maybe Silva's convoluted philosophy/tactics are an attempt to make up for what he lacks in comparison.
He certainly is not inspiring the players with his approach.
Gylfi and Gomes were rendered impotent tonight.

Making it simple allows you to make intelligent, insightful decisions when needed.
Making it simple means you can make it more complex over time while appearing to keep it simple.
You have to get the players to understand and believe in it, then you can inspire.

Its just no happening Marco.
I think this incredibly harsh. We have reinforcements in the areas that aren't playing well. Wait until they are in the side and then we can make a more insightful determination on Marco.

I'm not saying I don't have doubts, but I'm not giving up yet either.

You might be onto something if only...
The thing is Simone is a man of immense character, who demands respect commitment and courage, and who inspires, in equal amounts.
The man who 'played as if I was carrying a knife between my teeth'.

Maybe Silva's convoluted philosophy/tactics are an attempt to make up for what he lacks in comparison.
He certainly is not inspiring the players with his approach.
Gylfi and Gomes were rendered impotent tonight.

Making it simple allows you to make intelligent, insightful decisions when needed.
Making it simple means you can make it more complex over time while appearing to keep it simple.
You have to get the players to understand and believe in it, then you can inspire.

Its just no happening Marco.
“Making it simple means you can make it more complex over time while appearing to keep it simple”.

Can you try and explain what that means Blue, because on a couple of reads it’s sounds total hogwash...the type of quote you’d read on a Twitter feed that thinks it knows about football.
Sorry, not trying to be funny but I can’t make any sense of it.

It'd be interesting to get an actual insight into exactly how he wants the team to set up and play because it's honestly difficult for me to wrap my head around..

If it's purely possession based with a view to wearing down the opponent via quick passing and movement from the midfield and into the final third/out wide then clearly we are still a million miles away from that.. and id argue we still don't even have the players for it. The only team in the league who make that work are City and that's primarily due to them having a number of world class players capable to doing it week-in week-out.

It's already sounding increadibly cliche at this point, but it's looking more and more like we have another Martinez - a manager who insists on playing a style fast becoming outdated in the Prem and too stubborn to do it any other way.

If he wants to play a 433 fast paced, full throttle football then he needs to bite the bullet and Sigurdsson and Bambi

If not then we’ll see much more of this, struggling to break down teams that sit in 2 blocks. It’s up to him and him alone to figure it out

Wouldnt blame the manager tonight think is on the players the finishing was terrible, thougt made decent subs but surely he is as pissed off at dcl finishing as us and will hopefully start kean

Status
Not open for further replies.