2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is now, if we cant do it now when can we ? Wait until West Ham then have 7 days before a hard game away at Brighton followed up by a vital league cup game, we have to act.

Of course we will wait until we are too far behind the top 7 points wise and dumped out the cup when we have a very good chance of getting to the quarter/Semi finals as thats what this club does

No ambition
No foresight

Will only act when absolutely necessary and the wheels have fallen off.

No wonder Silva only makes a change when we go a goal down he learns it from the club.

Why do people ask others who we can get or who would come, i mean, without being out talking to people how on earth would a fellow supporter know
True that, like when we say lets go and get player A then Brands comes up with a jem like Lucas, they know who will and wont come, let's just hope Brands is on this.
After all he is being questioned now, quite rightly, however its Marco that is making him look bad by not being able to work with this squad.
Even Lucas has looked poor recently and Richarlison, these are good players who wont stick around

and @Tubey

I didn't get chance to respond the other day to this image

I don't disagree with either of you that in that position Gylfi should be dropping in to collect the ball

But, that means one of the two CMs has to push on, or its pointless.

Gyfli has no pace. He can't drop back to the halfway line, spin and then drive through four players because he simply isn't quick enough.

So it would require one of our CMs to push on and make that run to create space or a passing option, with the wide players and striker also needing to do that too.

So this is my point all along. You can't just blame Gylfi there. Sure, he should drop back, but we'd be in the same position anyway because of the tactics. The only players who make runs are the FBs and wide players. So there's no other target.

All Gyfli can do when he drops back - as he's done a fair bit actually - is get it and then give a simple pass back again because that is all that there is on. Because of the tactics.

The entire tactics are a mess, everything is wrong with that snapshot. Richarlison is to far wide, Dom is not occupying anyone, Delph and Schneiderlin are behind the play and Iwobi is nowhere to be seen. There’s nowhere on that photo that you can see us overloading and getting a man advantage

it goes out wide and they can easily reset and go 2v1, it goes central and they canhold their line knowing not one of our players is either prepared to come deep or run from deep. It’s static and shocking

but back to Gylfi. That is all I’ve known of him, he was out left and he was like that, he played central for Swansea and he was like that. He hides, constantly unless things are going his way.

Everton is about to dismiss trainer Marco Silva and they already know who should be his successor. Technical director Marcel Brands wants to make PSV-trainer Mark van Bommel hot for a transition.
In the past, Brands did not want to go shopping at PSV, but in the long run nothing to exclude. In England, one thinks that Van Bommel can become a concrete target once Silva is actually on the streets.

With seven points from eight duels, Everton stands in the relegation zone of the Premier League. The Liverpool club would now consider intervening. Incidentally, there are also fans who demand the dismissal of the Dutchman with a view to the currently disappointing purchasing policy.

Hopefully, this will go better than the time Moyes tried to sign him on a free transfer, and he laughed his head off at the prospect of playing for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.