2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have no issue with zonal marking. Last season, Silva got the team working this system after about 12 matches and I could see with my own eyes how it could work. However he has the same players more or less with only a few new people around the team so it should have been easier to get it to a workable level, which it clearly isn't.

I don't know how you rectify defending as a team so easily once a system has been operating for over a season and it falls apart. Do we have to stick with Silva and see it start working again or pull the trigger. I wonder if the assistant coach that went off to manage in Portugal was the implementer on the training ground for Silva?

Anyway, it's not good enough.I am at a loss to see who is going to replace him, but I always hope that the club has a shortlist at the ready just in case, especially after rocketing the Moonhead and then floundering for half a season before getting Silva in.

I hope the board realise we need manager with credential to progress. We are spending the cash why not on a proper proven manager?

Alongside the relegation battle were in the Watford game, especially with the draw is absolutely massive for the season

First thing first is to get out of this relegation battle. We lost 5 out of 8, someone should be held responsible for this.

Still think he’ll keep his job for now, but if he wants to remain for the long-term, he has to start mixing it up and currently, that includes a 4-4-2 if we’re to stem the leakage of goals.

If we can’t score, we have to stop conceding - at least until we have the players who can do the job.

I think he's problems are much deeper than mixing it up. They are basic things he should be doing anyhow. But if he actually developed half a brain to switch up teams and formations etc I think it would work cause it can't be any worse but if he's not doing them basic things what else hasn't he got in his locker behind the scenes.

If he is not sacked today that’s tell you the expectation of the board. 18th with this squad means he should be sacked immediately.

All signs point to the fact he will be gone, he hasn’t even had the luxury of the vote of confidence that Koeman did. Moan about the board all you want but Moshiri does react when things are bad, but unlike last time it won’t be done without a replacement ready to come straight in

I think he's problems are much deeper than mixing it up. They are basic things he should be doing anyhow. But if he actually developed half a brain to switch up teams and formations etc I think it would work cause it can't be any worse but if he's not doing them basic things what else hasn't he got in his locker behind the scenes.

Definitely. We play the same formation and tactics against the likes of City and also against the likes of Lincoln.

I can’t believe we’ve stuck with that formation for 4 managers though. It’s like there is no other way we are allowed to play.

All signs point to the fact he will be gone, he hasn’t even had the luxury of the vote of confidence that Koeman did. Moan about the board all you want but Moshiri does react when things are bad, but unlike last time it won’t be done without a replacement ready to come straight in

Hopefully yes. The boss said 10th-11th etc midtable is unacceptable earlier in the year. I cannot see how 18th is deemed to be acceptable now.

I hope you are right mate.

Serious question as I would like to see Moyes come back in the short term , do you think the players would give it their all for our Dave ?
Players like Richi love Silva .

Status
Not open for further replies.