2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of Rodgers but given we haven’t had a good manager in over a decade I think people pouring scorn on those suggesting him and pellegrini are superior managers to Silva are in the wrong.

Maybe we could attract a top class manager. Not a lot of evidence to say we could though is there?

Leicester comfortably have a better squad than us.

They have more balance, which is key.

You do have to throw in injuries here. It's no excuse, but we're getting injuries to key players. If they get injuries to Ndidi and Tielemans, like we've had Gomes and Delph out at different stages (and Gbamin) it'll be interesting to see how they cope.

....I can’t see Silva going anywhere anytime soon. The club will know he’s not got his CB combination and they will know his Gueye replacement is injured. Ok, it’s still up to the manager to get his starting X1 organised and tough to beat, but unless we have <20 points at Christmas, he’ll be safe.

Didn’t just win, but broke records in ‘a farmers league’.

People slate the SPL, it’s not quite the Greek Super league, I’ll grant you that.

....I can’t see Silva going anywhere anytime soon. The club will know he’s not got his CB combination and they will know his Gueye replacement is injured. Ok, it’s still up to the manager to get his starting X1 organised and tough to beat, but unless we have <20 points at Christmas, he’ll be safe.

I agree Silva is here for the season, unless we seriously keep nose diving then Moshiri will pull the plug. Surely he must be getting sick of the merry go round we seem to be finding ourselves in every couple of seasons. Everton have always been regarded as a club who give managers time and I don't think this should be any different. I'd give him the season as long as we seriously don't end up completely lost. The second half against City was very positive.

This is a disastrous start and no mistake.
We need to start winning games or Silva will be gone before Christmas. Silva felt like a gamble, but perhaps the sort worth taking.
If he doesn’t turn it around then we need to replace him with an established performer who will guarantee a level of success.
They are hard to get.
Even if he pulls it round his tenure may come to an end at the end of the season. We just can’t go on like this
I have To say though that I think we are still reaping the rewards of the Koeman Martinez eras. The on field resources are weaker than they should be because we have so many players that we couldn’t shift and just aren’t up to scratch.
We also desperately needed seasoned striker and a centre back.

Rodgers In

Until next week and it'll be back to Howe or Pellegrini maybe Wilder if he gets a decent win

Only city and liverpool have won more points since he took over.
We can take the piss but he's a decent manager doing a good job there. Its clear just from looking at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.