2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at Leicester, they haven’t gone out and spent a load and they’ve lost their best CB without replacing him. All they’ve done is gone out and got a proven quality manager which we seem to be against for some reason, and they’re flying

And, importantly, they could have sacked Puel at any time last season but they waited until they could get their man.

Silva should never be sacked (unless it gets horrendously bad) until we have a plan in place for the next one.

Stick or twist. That’s what it boils down to.

By sticking, nobody truly believes that things are going to get better under MS.

By twisting, sure, we could take a setback. Alternatively, we could also find the perfect fit for us and kick on to the level we want to be at.

I’d rather take a chance and possibly fail than coast to mediocrity.

The point is exactly what I'm saying.

Those teams got rid of underachieving managers and went out and got the right man mid season. Of course it doesn't mean they will magically win every game and end up top 4 during that season.

But it sure gives you a much bigger chance of success the following year, than having to scramble frantically in preseason to find a manager, organise a transfer policy and implement a playing style.

But that hinges on finding the right man and the right time. At the moment there's no "right man" apart from the guy in charge.

We can throw names about but unless Brands has an idea for the right man and are eyeing him up (they won't be), then he won't be going anywhere.

Just look at Leicester, they haven’t gone out and spent a load and they’ve lost their best CB without replacing him. All they’ve done is gone out and got a proven quality manager which we seem to be against for some reason, and they’re flying

So are West ham.

So the argument isn't the timing of the appointment, it's the calibre

In my candid opinion, Silvas' future depends upon the next four games.
Nobody realistically expected us to beat City yesterday, a draw would have been very, very acceptable.

Burnley and Brighton away with West Ham sandwiched between at Goodison, and then the need to beat Watford in the Carabao Cup.
For me we need points more right now than performances however, he's in his second season and should be coaching to achieve performances as well as points.

Anything less than five points from those three league games AND a win over Watford would be enough for me to make my mind up.
Burnley will show the level of work ethic needed every single game, West Ham are moving forward under Pellegrini, Brighton should be beatable.

Seven points and progression in the cup and he'll get to the end of the year.
Less than five and irrespective of the cup, I think Moshiri will swing the axe.

The bottom line in all this conjecture remains whether the club are actively courting a replacement of a much, much higher calibre and with some pedigree in actually winning trophies in a serious domestic environment.

Such a top manager that he went from beating one of the worst United sides in living memory to getting demolished 4-0 by League One Oxford in a matter of days
League cup, anyway, Millwall taught us a lesson in football last season, so were in no place to pick up on cup exits, not while his team are top 4 and we need help from sides to stay above the drop zone.

In my candid opinion, Silvas' future depends upon the next four games.
Nobody realistically expected us to beat City yesterday, a draw would have been very, very acceptable.

Burnley and Brighton away with West Ham sandwiched between at Goodison, and then the need to beat Watford in the Carabao Cup.
For me we need points more right now than performances however, he's in his second season and should be coaching to achieve performances as well as points.

Anything less than five points from those three league games AND a win over Watford would be enough for me to make my mind up.
Burnley will show the level of work ethic needed every single game, West Ham are moving forward under Pellegrini, Brighton should be beatable.

Seven points and progression in the cup and he'll get to the end of the year.
Less than five and irrespective of the cup, I think Moshiri will swing the axe.

The bottom line in all this conjecture remains whether the club are actively courting a replacement of a much, much higher calibre and with some pedigree in actually winning trophies in a serious domestic environment.

Five points from the next three league games is unacceptable in particular this means he will stay when we enter December with the Sky teams coming up.

12 points from 10 games is a disaster, and from these fixtures. He is in his second season and we will be in a relegation battle. Wave the axe now but then who is going to take over?

Let's not forget the financial considerations for termination of yet another contract and all the assistant posts that go with it.

If they had any sense, I imagine any performance targets and failure to achieve them only kick in at the end of a season, particularly as he would be going into his final year next summer. I hope there are lessons learned.

I agree he has to get 5 points from the next three league games. I hope he /they can but if not then yes he has put himself in dangerous territory.

It's only relevant if there are capable alternatives lined up.

It should be a last resort though, we have seen that sackings are not a panacea for fundamental failures at the club.

Let's not forget the financial considerations for termination of yet another contract and all the assistant posts that go with it.

If they had any sense, I imagine any performance targets and failure to achieve them only kick in at the end of a season, particularly as he would be going into his final year next summer. I hope there are lessons learned.

I agree he has to get 5 points from the next three league games. I hope he /they can but if not then yes he has put himself in dangerous territory.

It's only relevant if there are capable alternatives lined up.

It should be a last resort though, we have seen that sackings are not a panacea for fundamental failures at the club.

5 points put him 12 points in 10 games. We are like 16th by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.