2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was shouting at the players to move the ball quicker but they were all still half asleep.
He can shout all he wants but he sets them up. It’s happened all through his tenure and it absolutely does my head in. I get keeping possession away from home but against a team like Palace you can afford to take some risks and push up quickly.

He can shout all he wants but he sets them up. It’s happened all through his tenure and it absolutely does my head in. I get keeping possession away from home but against a team like Palace you can afford to take some risks and push up quickly.

Against any team away from home is perfectly OK to play counter, our most effective style. We simply don’t have players for possession football, not sure why Silva can’t see this.

Today was certainly not Silva’s fault. Gomes came out injured and we just sold a key player in Gana, so our side was always going to be a little slow in this one. BUT, I was utterly unimpressed with what I saw today.

If we are this bad away from home and against these types of opposition, nothing will change. We had a few chances (some pretty decent), but we weren’t in control of this at all. We shouldn’t look this poor in the attack.

What worries me most is that we'll probably not play a defence as bad as that all season, yet still couldn't score. Been a problem all pre-season too. Huge, huge, huge responsibility on Kean.

Today wasn't a terrible result - providing we win thw majority of our home games and make GP a fortress again from where we left off last season a point away from homes aint a bad result.

Palace are absolute yard dogs.

Watford next weekend I'll be alot more critical if we get anything less than 3 points considering Gbamin and Kean will likely start/have another week with the side and Iwobi hopefully atleast makes the bench.

Gomes needs to be fit though as davies will be bullied by Docoure/Capoue

The manager can only work with what he's got. We don't have the quality of the top 6 sides, so a point away at Palace is a good result.

It was pretty much just a repeat of last season, Didn't take our chances should have won and ended up taking a point.
It's not the worst result for the first game of the season but this team needs to wake up.

Silva: made to start off with a weakened version of last season's team because we have players who are just not integrated and have to come on in a pinch to add something absent.

Getting a 0-0 draw from a team down to 10 and carrying players like Gbamin for large parts of the game was like plaiting sawdust.

Made to?

By what, the AFCON?

I'm a critic of his but I don't think he did too much wrong today. He can't account for the Schneiderlin situation, those bookings were daft, and if it weren't for Delph being injured he wouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.