2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The passion in the team away particularly when going behind is a concern and I don’t want silva reverting to the body language he shown Jan/Feb las season. It’s poor. But I have to say the goals last week especially goals 2 and 3 I’ve got to level squarely at the players not poor tactics or coaching. With a bit of good fortune we could have won at both Villa and Bournemouth. It wasn’t like we took a pasting. We’ve got to be more clinical in front of goal and more aggressive when going behind for which I do blame Silva before anyone says I’m all pro Silva.

A win today and we're back to "Silva's doing ok, we just need players back from injury".

Not really. If there was one game to look at before the start of the season that you'd say was an absolute banker of a win, then it would Sheffield United at home. They are still very much a Championship team in terms of quality and if we don't turn up and put on a performance it will outrageous.

Having said all that, we usually do turn these teams over at home under Silva. It's when we go to their grounds that he is failing and he won't last if he can't turn that around.

Dare I say it but we need to play more like the way Liverpool set up .. tell Bernard and Richarlison to play high up and they don't have to really track back - have a false 9 like Iwobi who likes to drift into good positions and play 3 across the middle who can win the ball and also cover wide areas (covering for Bernard and Richarlsion) Delph/Gbamin/Gomes maybe or even ask Gylfi to play further back .

I agree completely but I don’t think we have the 3 work horse midfielders to cover for the defensive deficiencies for our attacking full backs.

Make all the excuses you want for Silva, facts are facts.

His squad man for man is miles better than Bournemouth’s, Aston villas and crystal palaces.

Yet he can’t get a result other than one draw. Absolute garbage management with those resources at his disposal.

What about the results and performances against Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool under his management. How about them considering the resources at his disposal??

If we're not in the mix or better than Arsenal, United, Chelsea by the end of the season, he has to go.
Completely agree. Maybe our squad isn't all the way better than these but it is at the least in the ballpark and as such we should be within 5ish points of all of them at the end even if we don't beat any.

I've seen he's said that people are going overboard and our point tally is fine but it is the performances that are concerning. The first 3 games were all even contests against teams we should be beating. We were better than Wolves but not by a ton and the set piece defending could have doomed us and we were beaten well by Bournemouth. That quite frankly isn't good enough. Yes 7 points doesn't look awful, but a couple of breaks the other way and we might have 2 points. And that's really the issue. 5 games that we should be better than the team we are playing and we have zero performances were we really took it to them.

Oh and Marco can say whatever he wants really, but 5 goals in 5 is far from good enough and I don't really feel like we've been massively unlucky to not score more.

Last edited:

Two summers of a poundland manager paying waitrose prices for lidl players is showing.
Richarlison, Iwobi, Gomes, Digne.
The issue is what went on before. It’s hamstrung the club. Until that is dealt with, the full resources of the club aren’t properly in the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.