2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they’ve only just noticed his nonsensical subs then we are in the crap

The weirdest part is the comment about the formation. It made sense and it worked. Pat on the back for that.

As usual though Marco hadn't a clue when the game was turning. When he eventually twigged it he made the most ineffectual subs possible. At this level it's just not good enough.

My main frustration watching the game was the lack of game sense. Personally, especially given our recent form and that we were away against, I think the point is a good one. I know we all got frustrated under Allardyce and Moyes for an often defensive or unadventurous style, but here being disciplined and defending it out for the last 10 mins is fine. No, we we were right up the pitch, team shape all over the shop... we give the ball away witlessly and they're right through the middle of us.

Either Silva can't or won't get them prepared to do that or the team are ignoring him / Ill disciplined fools.

Rant over. I'll have cooled down by tomorrow. Or maybe not, as I'll be surrounded by Leicester fans at work. Bah.

Last edited:
Davies was spent because Sig was doing nothing.
Whilst he wasn’t much better, Davies supposedly being tired after 65 mins and incapable of kick the ball out of play as a last gasp effort to not concede is concerning. I don’t buy he was that tired, he just made the mistake that led to the goal and isn’t beyond criticism for that, especially after he was at fault for the first also.

But yet Silva plays him.He was awful first half and just as bad second and Silva took 2 other players off because he is inept, hence it was his own doing.
Would you have rather he played Morgan Schneiderlin from the start? He had no other choice in there. I’m not excusing Silva from any criticism but Davies was at fault for both goals.

My main frustration watching the game was the lack of game sense. Personally, especially given our recent form and that we were away against, I think the point is a good one. I know we all got frustrated under Allardyce and Moyes for an often defensive or unadventurous style, but here being disciplined and defending it out for the last 10 mins is fine. No, we we were right up the pitch, team shape all over the shop... we give the ball away witlessly and they're right through the middle of us.

Either Silva can't or won't get them prepared to do that or the team are ignoring him / I'll disciplined fools.

Rant over. I'll have cooled down by tomorrow. Or maybe not, as I'll be surrounded by Leicester fans at work. Bah.

Its game management innit mate. Literally get the word out to the team to shut up shop and take the point and give us something to build on. That last goal we were absolutely turned inside out, no cover it was a bloody shambles

Not sacking him after Norwich and sacking him now would be the definition of knee-jerk myopia.

Still abundantly clear from the press that there’s no replacement lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.