2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if a club had a manager for 11 years. Won nothing in that time, barely even a local Derby win never mind an actual trophy.

Now picture that manager leaving after 11 years and they hire the manager relegated to replace him. Things don't go too well over his stint so they let him go and replace him with a Dutch legend and modern football legend as manager from a rival team.

Now this former great has achieved nothing in his managerial career of real note but with the new dof in tow and investment from the new owner, things are finally looking up for that club.

New dof wastes 250 million, signs 4 of the same position , leaves said manager without a striker after selling his only one for funds to waste. That club then sacks the manager for poor performances after a very difficult start.

Now caretaker isn't good enough and after 6 long weeks, they hire the one (out of 2) managers that the fans don't want. He does a half decent job in an average league and is let go as a result. Big pay off, he is happy.

Now this club replaces him with a manager both sacked and relegated in the last 12 months. Things go ok, new manager gets more money spent with another new dof with some good signings but the bad spell that got him sacked last time out happened all over again. Half decent finish when season is over leads to hope rather than expectation from the fan base.

Second season starts with easy fixture list and the manager loses nearly 50% of those games. The fans turn and is eventually sacked

The club then hire back the old manager of 11 years and therefore regress back to 2002 and start a new.

Imagine if you knew a club like that , imagine how embarrassed for those fans you would be.
Yes yes but its an emergency. At least Moyes gets the club. Let's be honest we are doing naff all this year it's about staying up and rebuilding finding another manager to take us forward next season.

Yeah I’ll defo be switching off if we get moyes or Benitez

I’d be back when we get serious again and appoint a permanent manager that half the fan base won’t hate from the start

Just keep this guy and get to 37pts. Sack him as soon as you have them. Stick unsworth and the kids in for the last few games and start the negotiations with the next fall guy for everything wrong with the club

Yeah I’ll defo be switching off if we get moyes or Benitez

I’d be back when we get serious again and appoint a permanent manager that half the fan base won’t hate from the start

Just keep this guy and get to 37pts. Sack him as soon as you have them. Stick unsworth and the kids in for the last few games and start the negotiations with the next fall guy for everything wrong with the club
He would not get 37 points !

Not on current form .... have a look at the fixtures and find 8 wins .. hard call

we were on 21pts on NYD 2015 in Martinez 2nd season and I don’t think many were seriously going on about relegation. 19pts by NYD and you are half way to “survival” going on the average points total needed to be safe. I am pretty certain we will get at least 5pts in December. We will be fine.

we don’t need a fixer right now, we need the board planning sensibly and identifying the next long term appointment and bringing them in whenever the hell they can whether it’s this week or in the summer

we were on 21pts on NYD 2015 in Martinez 2nd season and I don’t think many were seriously going on about relegation. 19pts by NYD and you are half way to “survival” going on the average points total needed to be safe. I am pretty certain we will get at least 5pts in December. We will be fine.

we don’t need a fixer right now, we need the board planning sensibly and identifying the next long term appointment and bringing them in whenever the hell they can whether it’s this week or in the summer
Hope you right mate. Worrying part is we have played nobody yet bar city and 21 points by New Year’s Day at the moment is a tall order .. when Koeman got sacked we were beaten by higher ranked teams. .. this year we have lost to the 3 promoted teams and 2 of those at home . We need results from somewhere and dont think silva can get them ..

You are now stating after the fact 24hrs after I asked you the source of your information, you didn't have a clue and you scurried off into the night as usual.
Next time answer the question immediately and you may rescue some credability. I await the next porky from Corky.

I said a board meeting happened and it did.I graciously accept your humble apology.Oh and Silva out.

Imagine if a club had a manager for 11 years. Won nothing in that time, barely even a local Derby win never mind an actual trophy.

Now picture that manager leaving after 11 years and they hire the manager relegated to replace him. Things don't go too well over his stint so they let him go and replace him with a Dutch legend and modern football legend as manager from a rival team.

Now this former great has achieved nothing in his managerial career of real note but with the new dof in tow and investment from the new owner, things are finally looking up for that club.

New dof wastes 250 million, signs 4 of the same position , leaves said manager without a striker after selling his only one for funds to waste. That club then sacks the manager for poor performances after a very difficult start.

Now caretaker isn't good enough and after 6 long weeks, they hire the one (out of 2) managers that the fans don't want. He does a half decent job in an average league and is let go as a result. Big pay off, he is happy.

Now this club replaces him with a manager both sacked and relegated in the last 12 months. Things go ok, new manager gets more money spent with another new dof with some good signings but the bad spell that got him sacked last time out happened all over again. Half decent finish when season is over leads to hope rather than expectation from the fan base.

Second season starts with easy fixture list and the manager loses nearly 50% of those games. The fans turn and is eventually sacked

The club then hire back the old manager of 11 years and therefore regress back to 2002 and start a new.

Imagine if you knew a club like that , imagine how embarrassed for those fans you would be.

You're kind of rewriting history because of you bias against Moyes.

You ignore the fact Moyes had next to no money compared to recent managers, yet still outperformed all of them, even qualifying for the champions league.

Say Koeman has won nothing of note, yet he won the Spanish cup, without being manager of one of the super rich teams in that league.

Fair enough saying he did crap here, but making out he did nothing in his career worthy of note is just rewriting history to reflect your own opinion.

Basically you're saying it's embarassing to re-hire a manager who did way better with less resources than our last 3 managers.

I get people don't like Moyes because he betrayed us but it's hilarious how they try to downplay what he achieved with us with modest resources though.

Yeah, we did pretty crap against the elite teams with him in charge, but he didn't have the money the club now have to spend and he was great at getting results against the teams we should be able to beat.

Have a lot of fans deluding themselves that we can get Poch etc in as manager. Asking why the club hasn't approached that calibre of manager, without ever considering the fact that maybe the club has approached them unofficially but because they said 'no' decided not to release the info as it doesn't do much for the clubs image.

Status
Not open for further replies.