Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something?! Everyone acting like this is a done deal. What’s giving everyone that idea?

Well Moshiri was willing to pay £20m to take him from Watford, Sam has been a dead man walking all year and Silva is quietly sitting on his hands waiting for the call, I’d say this has been in the works for months.

I think Jokanovic would be worth a look at from us. He is at least worth considering.

So we've moved from buying players from relegated/relegation-threatened clubs to seemingly appointing a manager who was recently relegated. Grand. What am I missing about Silva..

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
You reckon we will win anything with silva?? We have already gone 23 years without a trophy and endured 30 years of crap board and management decisions. Why would he be a good choice for you then??

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we get Silva,he almost did the impossible and kept hull up and did pretty well at watford until we came sniffing.

So we've moved from buying players from relegated/relegation-threatened clubs to seemingly appointing a manager who was recently relegated. Grand. What am I missing about Silva..

His teams have no back bones and we only want him because he isn’t Allardyce

This his teams droppings their rectums with leads and getting beat is the issue mate.

Plenty want Fonseca but don’t want Silva, myself being one.

That's fair enough like. If given the option, I too would want Fonseca over Silva but I can see the positive in bringing in Silva.

Even as one of his biggest fans I can also admit he has faults in his game but he's a far more attractive than what we've got now and really what we're going to be able to attract.

We won't be attracting Simeone, Nagelsmaan, a Tuchel or a Conte for as much as we can all sit here and say 'yeah, but we're Everton, we're one of the originals' blah blah.

We have to live in the middle - live in the 'take a chance on me' zone.

We can throw what every amount of money at a situation and attempt to fix it but that won't work right now. Right now, we need patience and potential and that's what a Silva offers us.

Well if he gets the job it’ll give us some hope for next season. He might not be perfect but he does seem to improve players and would get us playing a lot more positively than Allardyce.

If it does turn out to be Silva, at least he has had a few months to observe the train-wreck that has been our season

If it is Silva, at least he's had a good long while to suss out who we are and what we need.
Edit: Snap Ultra ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.