Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry with Silva is the same with Dyche - both done well in a season where the usual top 10 were in disarray- Everton, Stoke, Southampton and West Ham.

If West Ham and Southampton have decent seasons along with a suprise package would Silva have us anywhere near 6/7th or more around 10th/11th?

Thats my concern he was going relatively okay (bar the defence) in an awful league outside the top 6. With Southampton and West Ham under half decent managers with some decent players and Wolves/Palace who may be suprise packages if the former attracts more players and the latter keeps Zaha perhaps Silva's record wont be as good regardless of the business we do.

Martinez had Lukaku, Barkley and Stones in his starting 11 and still finished 11th whereas we have Tosun, Siggurdsson and Keane...

Whoever the manager is unless we can get players who can pass, tackle and run with the ball we will still be useless. Marcel Brands may be more critical than Silva. All Silva needs to do is to get us to a position where players (and their agents) look at us and think that they will thrive in our environment and go places.

To be frank I am so traumatised by Allardyce that I welcome Silva.

Whoever the manager is unless we can get players who can pass, tackle and run with the ball we will still be useless. Marcel Brands may be more critical than Silva. All Silva needs to do is to get us to a position where players (and their agents) look at us and think that they will thrive in our environment and go places.

To be frank I am so traumatised by Allardyce that I welcome Silva.

Me too, Silva has got until Christmas before I turn on him.

I`m a believer in giving managers a reasonable amount of time to turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.