Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they don't mate, they basically run Watford like Barcelona according to what gets posted on here. Proper smart, scouts dropping out of arses left right and centre, loaded, done up the stadium, basically the greatest owners of the greatest team ever.
Now you're getting it

Yeah I saw that, it's basically what I'm saying. You may find it interesting that WFC also sided with the big six and I think we can take that as a sign of Gino Pozzo's real ambitions. Watford are no longer that little club that just rolls over when the big boys come a calling. Unlike many rich owners the Pozzos actually make good money from the sport.

I thought the only owners outside of the top 6 that supported it were Everton's and West Ham's, which was a stupid decision on both parts I hasten to add.

So a bunch of people think he should come the minute Everton fluttered their eyelashes, a bunch of people seem to know his contract, a bunch of people think Everton are too good for him, a bunch of people think the past matters more than the present and a bunch of people think actually listen to those that have no clue...you gotta love football forums

Silva will go on to manage a top team
Watford will finish higher than Everton this season
Everton will end up with a boss that you currently actually need. Someone that the majority of you will not be happy with but who will tighten up your defence, instal confidence in the youngsters, get you out of any relegation battle and spend your owners money wisely

People are going to have their opinions mate. In fairness to most Watford fans they have acknowledged we have been the historically bigger club. You are right to say your owners have big ambitions, so too does out major shareholder, though the situation at Everton is far more chaotic currently. But judging Udinese and Grenada as examples, in truth I think our owners have bigger ambition, and a better platform to build it on.

I can go either way on Silva. A very talented young manager who I couldn't see being here longer than 18 months, but would improve us significantly in that time. I do think Everton is a step up, the question is is it a big enough step up to justify breaking Contract?

Oh mate why are you so arsed coming on here going on about how boss Watford and the pozzos are when it' just lies. Fair enough if Silva stays hes a good manager but it's not like he's mourinho. Even if he doesn' come to us he'll to someone else soon and your decision to go through managers every week will start again and go back to being the terrible team youse are.

I think that likely too big a jump mate. Arsenal could attract better and would be underwhelmed with him.
If they're available that is ... Don't get me wrong a club like Arsenal will have a list of targets but Silva's C.V. reads well enough and he's of the right age, they seem to like long term.

You really think so? ... I reckon we're talking north of £30m to get him, is Moshiri really that desperate?

Watford can ask for what they want. But given Mourinho, who has about 3 times longer on his Contract and is paid about 10 times more than Silva is valued at that figure I would bewildered at how it would be arrived at. Anyone with half a brain could see Watford are taking liberties with that sort of figure (in honesty you are by asking for 10 million) but in truth, if there are idiots willing to pay it then crack on. Unfortunately for us, we've got the crack team of Elstone and Kenwright at the club, so it's easy money if you can get it!

If they're available that is ... Don't get me wrong a club like Arsenal will have a list of targets but Silva's C.V. reads well enough and he's of the right age, they seem to like long term.

He's never done long term though has he? I sense Allegri, Tuchel and Simeone would top their list. I think Silva needs another job, or to get Watford to the CL before he gets that chance. I could see a left field shout for Athletico Madrid though.

Oh mate why are you so arsed coming on here going on about how boss Watford and the pozzos are when it' just lies. Fair enough if Silva stays hes a good manager but it's not like he's mourinho. Even if he doesn' come to us he'll to someone else soon and your decision to go through managers every week will start again and go back to being the terrible team youse are.
Not managers but head coaches and we actually sacked only one of them (Mazzarri), Billy McKinley not included as he was actually only signed to be a normal coach and was gone in two days after he started giving it the Billy Big-Boss. But please, don't let facts get in the way of what you read in the clueless papers.

Not managers but head coaches and we actually sacked only one of them (Mazzarri), Billy McKinley not included as he was actually only signed to be a normal coach and was gone in two days after he started giving it the Billy Big-Boss. But please, don't let facts get in the way of what you read in the clueless papers.

So "head coaches" haven't been sacked...rather decided they no longer wanted to remain at Watford? Is that better lad?

So a bunch of people think he should come the minute Everton fluttered their eyelashes, a bunch of people seem to know his contract, a bunch of people think Everton are too good for him, a bunch of people think the past matters more than the present and a bunch of people think actually listen to those that have no clue...you gotta love football forums

Silva will go on to manage a top team
Watford will finish higher than Everton this season
Everton will end up with a boss that you currently actually need. Someone that the majority of you will not be happy with but who will tighten up your defence, instal confidence in the youngsters, get you out of any relegation battle and spend your owners money wisely
I don't get why you are so consistently affronted that when you visit another clubs forum and find that that most of the people on it are biased in favour of their own club.? I mean you'd have be a bit thick not to expect it ,wouldn't you?
Personally, I wouldn't expect to go on your forums and read people praising or speaking warmly of my club,why should they?
Of course the main reason I wouldn't visit your forums is because I consider you insignificant southern Tory no-marks who only feature in my consciousness because we once beat you in a cup final over two generations ago. Apart from the twice a season we play you ( when your actually on one of your fleeting visits to the top league that is), you are an irrelevance.
We may get your manager we probably won't , it ain't up to us it's our boards that decide. So why spend so much time on another teams forum because another teams board have had the temerity to attempt to lure your manager away?
Crying on here won't change anything.

He's never done long term though has he? I sense Allegri, Tuchel and Simeone would top their list. I think Silva needs another job, or to get Watford to the CL before he gets that chance. I could see a left field shout for Athletico Madrid though.
You realise qualifying for the CL probably means overtaking them these days and that really is asking too much. As I said availability and of course who else might want who. TBH I reckon we have a great shot at 7th as only Burnley are looking serious contenders for that so far but they have little depth.

Can't see Marco Silva being good enough to sort this defence out, and he's not a big enough name to attract players to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.