• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we got more joy out of City winning today than any other result all season says it all really, it was just a season of more of the same, exactly what we're used to. Mediocre dross with a little bit of hope at times that ultimately fizzles into nothing.
Did you not go the United game?

Good stuff, He's done a fine job considering we were close to relegation last season and had an absolutely broken team.

Yes he has bit touch and go throughout the season but all in all he has done a good job, I hope he can deliver on his words this evening on improving the team for next year and reach his and the fan's ambition for this great club

You need a basis to build on.
Look at Citeh under Pep.
Look at the shower under Klopp.
Over the last 11 games we were 3rd in the form table behind City and Liverpool with 21 points which is encouraging, if we can get a start like that next season it will be a good basis to build from but we're not guaranteed nothing, it'll be a fresh season and anything can happen, good or bad.

So comparing our results to Chelsea

Chelsea Overall 72 pts
Games vs top half of league Home 16 Away 3 total 19
Games vs bottom half of league Home 26 Away 27 total 53

Everton Overall 54 pts
Games vs top half of league Home 10 Away 9 total 19
Games vs bottom half of league Home 24 Away 11 total 35

The games vs the top teams get a lot of attention but hope Siva focuses work on getting better results in the supppsedly easier games
I’ve always said there are 14 teams that are very beatable and we should WIN more than we lose and draw. Those are the majority of the games we will play. I’ll gladly take results from the top sides, but we need to take care of the majority. All those wins against top sides are hollow if they don’t amount to anything. Hopefully we can accomplish both next season.

Last edited:
The fact we got more joy out of City winning today than any other result all season says it all really, it was just a season of more of the same, exactly what we're used to. Mediocre dross with a little bit of hope at times that ultimately fizzles into nothing.

lol last day and apart from the top two today nobody had anything else to play for and I bet you all the rest of the league wanted city to win.

Would be great to see us challenging the top 6 next season and having good cup runs. We need some of our own success now.
I reckon we are a better side than Arsenal and United atm. Problem for me is that we can’t seem to get over that mental hurdle yet. Those sides will themselves to the top no matter how crap they are. We need to adopt that mentality

Was really unsure on him mid way through the season but give him a squad of his own players and we could be really challenging in my opinion. We should be definitely aiming for Top 6 next year, United are surely gonna be a shambles and it's either us, Leicester or Wolves (who I think will struggle with Europa, as well as keeping some of their best players)

I'm hopeful but we always seem to throw away our opportunities to capitalize on other team's failures. I'll never forget Martinez having our best season ever when the Top 4 were actually good then the season Leicester won it the same points would've gotten us second. Obviously there's not much point comparing two seasons like that but it always reminds me that we had the chance to build on a 70+ point season and really look at getting into the CL but instead we floundered around in 11th for 2 years and I'd say we haven't recovered since.

Silva needs a lot of backing in the summer and the task is harder now but if we can keep hold of our best players and add better quality players around them we'll slowly but surely rise up the table, City are the only team that can easily deal with us, everyone else we can challenge, not necessarily on the table but on any given match day. We need to do what Spurs did and gradually build and trust a younger manager, it's not going to be easy and it's no where near guaranteed but the job really starts next season to see what Silva can do with his own players, style and a full season of seeing how the club is run and what's expected of him.

Onwards and upwards, next aim should be a cup, then Europa, then CL. No need to try to run before we walk and I feel like there's a lot of people that expect instant success but that's just not going to happen anymore but that doesn't mean that gradual success can't be achieved. COYB!

Was really unsure on him mid way through the season but give him a squad of his own players and we could be really challenging in my opinion. We should be definitely aiming for Top 6 next year, United are surely gonna be a shambles and it's either us, Leicester or Wolves (who I think will struggle with Europa, as well as keeping some of their best players)

I'm hopeful but we always seem to throw away our opportunities to capitalize on other team's failures. I'll never forget Martinez having our best season ever when the Top 4 were actually good then the season Leicester won it the same points would've gotten us second. Obviously there's not much point comparing two seasons like that but it always reminds me that we had the chance to build on a 70+ point season and really look at getting into the CL but instead we floundered around in 11th for 2 years and I'd say we haven't recovered since.

Silva needs a lot of backing in the summer and the task is harder now but if we can keep hold of our best players and add better quality players around them we'll slowly but surely rise up the table, City are the only team that can easily deal with us, everyone else we can challenge, not necessarily on the table but on any given match day. We need to do what Spurs did and gradually build and trust a younger manager, it's not going to be easy and it's no where near guaranteed but the job really starts next season to see what Silva can do with his own players, style and a full season of seeing how the club is run and what's expected of him.

Onwards and upwards, next aim should be a cup, then Europa, then CL. No need to try to run before we walk and I feel like there's a lot of people that expect instant success but that's just not going to happen anymore but that doesn't mean that gradual success can't be achieved. COYB!

Great post that mate.

It’s sad that often at Everton we have to sink to almost comical depths before things get better like but I truly believe we’re finally back on the up!

Status
Not open for further replies.