Not open for further replies.
So comparing our results to Chelsea

Chelsea Overall 72 pts
Games vs top half of league Home 16 Away 3 total 19
Games vs bottom half of league Home 26 Away 27 total 53

Everton Overall 54 pts
Games vs top half of league Home 10 Away 9 total 19
Games vs bottom half of league Home 24 Away 11 total 35

The games vs the top teams get a lot of attention but hope Siva focuses work on getting better results in the supppsedly easier games

Shoots of improvement towards the end. Key is holding on to our best players.

Rubbish in the cups, some highs some lows, no Derby win and distinctly average final position. I'd say C to C+ at best.

The fact we got more joy out of City winning today than any other result all season says it all really, it was just a season of more of the same, exactly what we're used to. Mediocre dross with a little bit of hope at times that ultimately fizzles into nothing.

The fact we got more joy out of City winning today than any other result all season says it all really, it was just a season of more of the same, exactly what we're used to. Mediocre dross with a little bit of hope at times that ultimately fizzles into nothing.
You need a basis to build on.
Look at Citeh under Pep.
Look at the shower under Klopp.

Everton manager Marco Silva speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "We started in a bad way, I didn't like the first 20 minutes but then we showed our quality. It was a good point but I felt we could do better.

"We reacted really good, finishing in a good spot in the first half and scored twice - unfortunately they scored a very good goal."

On closing the gap to the top-six: "To be a top-six club in this country now is really tough. Our fans deserve it but we must be realistic for our team. If they have a different budget we must work hard and do everything perfectly. We will try, our job is to work really hard every day and improve what we did the season before.

"I have no doubts we are a stronger team than at the start of the season."

Last Season vs This Season

We recovered well, our form in that period, between around December to March was completely unacceptable.It all reached a crescendo with that Millwall defeat.But Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United all put to the sword at Goodison.A decent result today against a very good Spurs side.Two defeats in our last eleven games.It has been a pretty good recovery to be fair.Overall 8th place is about right.It has been an alright season, nothing more nothing less.The challenge now is try and finish closer, or finish in that top six next season.But things were looking dire.Silva has done well, to turn it around.

A small point I think Marco deserves a lot of credit for; it's that he goes about his quietly, but really focused on the job. No chatting wham, no aims to be the media's poster boy. He's a straight talker who just does his job, it's mad that I have to credit that but these days in football at the top level that seems to be hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.