• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this forums funny, he’s gash for most of the season then one 45 minute spell and people all of a sudden have hope again.

People will be back to doubting him after the West Ham match :p

The usual head the balls haven’t gone away mate.

We’re only ever one defeat away before they all start with the sack the fraud stuff.

Rinse and repeat.

Brands and Silva have a massive job this summer. The deadwood will not be easy to get out unless they want to play for less money. It looks like we are taking the stance of sell to buy which makes business sense but not meaning we don't have the money to buy before selling. The more of the deadwood staying the less of getting there own players in. The balance just isn't quite right at the moment. Consistency is our problem and when we are good we look good but equally when we are bad we are punished beyond recovery. We need more fighters in the team that also carry technical ability. Think everyone agrees that we have a soft underbelly that is costing us.

50% of being a coaches job is to coach the players mentally aswell as physically.

Ignoring the garbage set piece record I fear thats his main issue and you see it in games that are of 2 halves.

Klopp seems a fantastic manager in this in that whilst he isnt as technically gifted as a Guardiola he has the RS up for every half of every game.

When Fulham equalised yesterday they didnt panic and carried on to win- if that was us our heads drop and a goob chance we get beat 2-1.

Thats a big issue for me.

Credit to Silva in whatever he said at half time
We played with more energy and we seemed to find the balance in when to attack and when to defend
Concerning though we could of gone in at the break at least 2 down, and the tactics employed sit with Silva. We seem to want to hit teams on the break and in doing this we lose the midfield and our defenders are being stretched constantly.
At home we should be controlling the game and putting teams under pressure
In fairness hard to do it against the top 6 - looked what happened against Spurs
Overall though you have to be happy with the result and the 2nd half performance
Something to maybe build on

I still feel we do not create enough chances from open play against the top sides

I think it’s clear that Bernard and richarlison on the wings is the way forward

It’s taken him 30 odd games to realise this which is worrying

Let’s hope he will now be able to focus on building from the foundations and make us stronger

I think last week he made the wrong subs but this week the first 2 subs he made were spot on
I'd say we've created enough chances to win almost all of our games against the top sides, the problem has been taking them.

I actually think Osman was spot on in what he said on MOTD. We do play in halves. I can't think of many games where we've played consistently for the 90. There has been undeniable signs of good stuff under Marco this season so it pretty much comes down to if he can make those brief spells happen more often.
I've been saying this for a while: we lack the stamina and/or consistency to really dominate a game to the extent where nervousness is not tangible in the air.

Yes a team rarely dominates a whole match, but we really do play a game of two halves. If we're in the lead at half-time, then a collapse is everyone's realistic fear.

More often than not we've been poor in the first half so we have to come out to try and salvage a result. A comfortable game or two would help an awful lot!

With regards to Silva, well he deserves credit for yesterday as the second half was a huge improvement from the dire first 45 and his changes were effective.

Still, the table doesn't lie and I think the our remaining seven fixtures - some tough ones too - will really be the acid test regarding his managerial capability.

If we can continue to make improvements in our attacking play and our defensive stability, then it will be a solid foundation to build upon for next season.

Equally, a poor run of results could swing it the other way; don't let yesterday disguise the truth that for many fans, the jury is still out.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for a while: we lack the stamina and/or consistency to really dominate a game to the extent where nervousness is not tangible in the air.

Yes a team rarely dominates a whole match, but we really do play a game of two halves. If we're in the lead at half-time, then a collapse is everyone's realistic fear.

More often than not we've been poor in the second half so we have to come out to try and salvage a result. A comfortable game or two would help an awful lot!

With regards to Silva, well he deserves credit for yesterday as the second half was a huge improvement from the dire first 45 and his changes were effective.

Still, the table doesn't lie and I think the our remaining seven fixtures - some tough ones too - will really be the acid test regarding his managerial capability.

If we can continue to make improvements in our attacking play and our defensive stability, then it will be a solid foundation to build upon for next season.

Equally, a poor run of results could swing it the other way; don't let yesterday disguise the truth that for many fans, the jury is still out.

Regarding your first paragraph, A lot of reports that he runs them a lot in training so I wonder if they end up leaving a bit behind there ? In reality when it comes to consistency the mental strength or lack of it is probably the problem , it’s something we’ve seen time and time again .

Solid second half yesterday , if we’d hung on against Newcastle I think we’d have seen a lot more confidence going into the next couple of fixtures. Losing that lead was a kick where he hurts , fans wise at least .

Regarding your first paragraph, A lot of reports that he runs them a lot in training so I wonder if they end up leaving a bit behind there ? In reality when it comes to consistency the mental strength or lack of it is probably the problem , it’s something we’ve seen time and time again .

Solid second half yesterday , if we’d hung on against Newcastle I think we’d have seen a lot more confidence going into the next couple of fixtures. Losing that lead was a kick where he hurts , fans wise at least .
Perhaps. We often do not really have any significant tempo to our play, so maybe that is a factor of it. Like I said, just a few comfortable results would help a lot.

With regards to Newcastle, it summed up for me the fragility and inconsistency that has marred us for years: we capitulated without really needing much pressure.

Wasn't there something about prior to the last international break they had been training every day since Christmas?

Good man management to actually get Schneiderlin to look like he's interested and playing a part. Good subs yesterday, Davies occupied Chelsea with his forward runs and Walcotts pace insured that we continued speedy countering out ball when Bernard ,who puts in a lot of work, began to tire.. Silva is learning, and its showing in patches. Put the first half at Newcastle and the second half yesterday together and it would be a helluva performance! We still need around three players of the right sort, mentally and technically,but I kike that we are know buying technically good,proper footballers.

For me its very telling that the players havent given up on him, even at this late stage of the season the way they came out for the 2nd half when they could have just gone through the motions.

This season has been horrific, the results havent been good enough, at times the players have looked like League One standard.

But I demanded something to cling to and whilst today doesnt erase the past, its something to build on.

7 more games to go, dazzle me Marco.

Think it's worth remembering that we currently have the same number of points that we had at this stage last season. We haven't gone worse, but we haven't got better either. As far as results go, we've stayed exactly the same.

Last season it was the beginning of the season that killed us. This season it's been the middle section.

On the more subjective stuff, I am at least enjoying the football more than I did under Koeman or Allardyce and there have been some things I can cling to for reasons for optimism. I'm still in the "give any manager some time because half of these players cannot be trusted" camp.

For me, I'll have an opinion at the end of next season as to whether it's worth sticking with him or not

Anyone else actually starting to think that him reintroducing Schneiderlin has turned out to be quite shrewd? Gomes is starting to go through 'spells' in his form and rather than constantly relying on Davies to try and pick up the slack he's instead opting for the different 'profile' in Schneiderlin and it's been working so far. Also helps that Gana's form has picked up recently like.

Status
Not open for further replies.