• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go and get a proven manager with track records to win games and trophies not another Ale House gamble. Don’t ask me how, that is the job of the board if they want success. It seems that we fail to learn from the mistake of Martinez by employing another gamble. I do not class Koeman as gamble at the time he got back-to-back 6th and 7th position in PL with limited budget at Soton. BFS had done what he supposed to do.
So Koeman and Allardyce did a good job?
Christ on a bike.

Just realised, deadline day for ensuring your seat S/T wise is the end of this month....in view of the uncertainty about Silva's ability to manage and improve us, does anyone think some fans won't bother renewing or are the majority prepared to stick with him? Our last 9 games do not encourage optimism unless he can improve the fragility of the team's mental attitude as evidenced on Sat. The next window is absolutely crucial not just for Silva, but for the club as a whole......getting it wrong is not an option imo
I'll be renewing on time, as I guess the vast majority of season ticket holders will. Giving up your season ticket because you want the manager gone after 30 games rather than 38 is a rather strange way to show your support for the club.

I'll be renewing on time, as I guess the vast majority of season ticket holders will. Giving up your season ticket because you want the manager gone after 30 games rather than 38 is a rather strange way to show your support for the club.
Club shouldn’t be getting you to purchase your ticket after 31 games though

Tend to agree with you.Guess it's too inbred into me to renew.....even though health problems are limiting my attendance at every game.

Results are the only thing that matter to YOU. Please try to remember that many fans have a love of the beautiful game as it is known and don't want to watch % football every week.

The last manager achieved very little and was not wanted and was booted out. Thank god.

The current manager is doing badly but was hired with long term in mind. It is harder to try to play football with a crap squad and new signings as I have said to you before. A harder task than parking the bus. So on that basis, with a harder task, he is 12pts off our points total of last season. If he gets to that point or close to it I think it's an average season but understandable given the mess we have been in for a while. Not good but understandable.

If you want immediate success with every manager that comes in you are going to be disappointed most of the time. He cannot change the way we play and they way Brands wants us playing for the coming seasons if he is just going to throw everything out the window and park the bus to get a few more results and points to keep some angry fans happy for now. That's short term thinking that has us in this mess.

I believe he will finish top 10 and I said at the start of the season I'd take that whilst he changes things, but next season it obviously has to look much better than this. As with his own players fully bedded in and hopefully more crap sold and more decent signings and an actual striker signed then obviously his task gets easier and more should be demanded.

At most....we let him go in the summer if we have another decent progressive manager lined up. The shouts for Jose Mancini or Conte are terrible as people are just not thinking when they call for them. Those managers demand top signings of the kind we will not be making for a few seasons at least. Those managers or old dinosaurs types like the last guy or Moyes are not what we need. If we boot out Silva it will be somebody from the same pool of promising but not quite proven managers, and I hope we choose wisely whether at end of this season or end of next season if Silva hasn't done the job.

Where's your long term thinking here? We are hamstrung by the signings and the wage bill left us by Koeman and Walsh, so people screaming for him to be sacked should be taking that into account and advise us what the plan is here? If our options for manager are all going to be some kind of gamble due to the situation we are in, are you going to look for all of them to be sacked if things don't go well right away?
What makes you think Moyes is a dinosaur? He had laid limitations, but in all the years here I never felt he was old fashioned or behind the times. In fact he was a workaholic who was always trying to get the team functioning better.

I know he became a joke figure to most people after Man Utd, but I would expect fans to know and appreciate what he did here. For some reason he gets lumped in with Sam and Pulis, and I just don’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.