Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva’s record against the current Top 10 teams:

P - 15
W - 1
D - 4
L - 10

Only Fulham have a worse record.

That is atrocious. How can anybody put forward a case for keeping this man in charge?

Sadly our clown owner can.

Both Moshiri and Silva need chasing out of Goodison with pitchforks.

Meanwhile Denise is talking about one day challenging for the title at BMD. ha ha ha

All this entertainment stuff is nonsense, all that counts is the points on the final whistle, if we have three that's good entertainment, doesn't matter how pretty you played.

It's clearly not nonsense. It's just a difference in what the game means for different fans.

I personally bloody love the sport in general and like to see it played well. I've enjoyed lots of teams who maybe didn't win trophies but they entertained me a hell of a lot. Teams where I'd make an effort to watch their games.

I understand @MarcelsGoat point when he says enjoying the footy is for when he watches other teams and with Everton he just wants the win and trophies with boss football a bonus, but it's not some cast in stone fact that results are all that matter in the sport.

The problem with this argument is that it informs the starting point of two different types of fans when they argue many things about the club and who should be manager. Both sides are unlikely to ever agree when they start with such different priorities.

It's easier for me to put up with this poor season as I know we have chosen a manager who should be building a team to actually play ball and take the game to the bigger teams in the future. (Obviously I know it's been utter crap, but the general point stands) Whereas you want results plain and simple so understandably want Silva hung drawn and quartered, or any other manager who goes on such crap runs and loses so many games.

It's not a nonsense, it's just two valid but directly opposite ways of looking at the game.

Imagine if we had to beat Spurs last day to stay up, not a scenario I'd like to happen and hopefully won't but we'd pap our pants and it would be over bar the shouting. He hasn't beat anyone above us and they make up a majority of remaining games, anyone who doesn't have a squeaky bum has bigger bollocks than me haha.

Tell me who won more games, got more points and conceded less goals? Straight answer.
I go the game for entertainment and social interaction. Those two Neanderthals bored me and most of GP absolutely rigid. Walter Smith and Gordon Lee...even Mike Walker provided less vitriol than the pair of them. But if a few extra points on the board is enough for you to stay glued to your TV whilst watching their style, good luck to you. Do you have a half and half scarf with the Bolton Growler and Orangehead on perchance?
They say taste is different for every man....clearly is for you and I. I’d say we’re polar opposites when it comes to football. Hopefully it will remain that way.

Imagine if we had to beat Spurs last day to stay up, not a scenario I'd like to happen and hopefully won't but we'd pap our pants and it would be over bar the shouting. He hasn't beat anyone above us and they make up a majority of remaining games, anyone who doesn't have a squeaky bum has bigger bollocks than me haha.
There are 5 teams in the league who would have to improve their points per game ratio to even get as many points as we have now. So even if we lost an unprecedented 9 consecutive games in our run in, Cardiff would realistically need to get 10 points from 8 games, having only got 28 from their previous 30. It's not impossible that we go down, but nobody should have squeaky bums.

There are 5 teams in the league who would have to improve their points per game ratio to even get as many points as we have now. So even if we lost an unprecedented 9 consecutive games in our run in, Cardiff would realistically need to get 10 points from 8 games, having only got 28 from their previous 30. It's not impossible that we go down, but nobody should have squeaky bums.

You're probably right but by heck it's uncomfortable. not a position i expected to find ourselves in and luckily for us I definitely can't see Cardiff doing that. How bad is that though that we are relying on those below us to be significantly worse than us. To say this season has been a let down would be an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.