• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco is not everyone's cup of tea but the board are sticking with him and I think as fans we need to, after all, look at Howard part 1 when the board stuck with him and Moyes to an extent even though we never won anything with him we still had some good sides by staying loyal to him. Give Marco at least a summer to carry on clearing out some of the deadwood we have and let him bring in his own players including not one but two forwards, every blue knows this season hasn't been good enough but you can't keep sacking managers or you'll never get anywhere.

I think some people are getting carried away with the heart good feelim4 have wrecking thier title challenge. Are form has been terrible and that record of set peieces is so hard to get over. But let's see what he can do till end of season. Gets a scalp or two against big boys and by a miracle gets 7th then ok. But it's not too likely.

still unsure and wouldn't had questioned him getting the bin after the millwall game however did say at the time rather he did stay as I honestly didn't ( still don't ) know anyone who can come in and replace him

think we've improved last couple of games which doesn't make a difference for 3 months of disgusting performances but if he can get to the end of the season playing like we have this week ( effort wise more than anything ) he should & will get next season to see what he can do with an actual striker that scores

Very dangerous putting your eggs in one basket or the other at the mo. Silva in or out.

There’s too many arguments both ways to be certain. I was very very much OUT but I’ve taken a step back and can understand the arguments for keeping him a little more now.

I’d still be leaning towards out if I’m pushed but it’s a difficult balance. Probably all depends on now and the end of the season.

I was bored on my lunch today and predicted every match between now and the end of the season. Has us 9th. Which is a bit crap isn’t it?

Still. I did have City winning by one so I’d love with it I reckon.

The problem with keeping him is what if he’s not very good? We don’t want to keep a poor manager do we? So how long do you leave it before even more damage is done?

But he’s seemingly done ok last 2 games. Maybe keep in mind that it’d be ace if this carries on. Then fume when/if we balls up again.

What a load of waffle.

This mirrors my feelings exactly.

Iam still not sure if Marco is up to job, but

We all knew this was going to be a rebuilding , re assessing season for us.

Our away form this season has improved on previous seasons and is good to see.

Our home form at times has been pitiful, but i personally feel that the toxic atmosphere at home doesn't help the players when their confidence is not what it should be.

The result of the first derby completely knocked the stuffing out of us and it has taken a long time for us to get over it.

We have to remember that this will be Marco Silva's first full season managing the same team in the Premier League.

At some point, we as a club, have to give a manager time and space to build his own team.

Constantly chopping and changing managers by teams of our current standing ( top 10) rarely works.

That said, if, come October/November next season we are still not performing with any great consistency, then i'm afraid his time will be up.

If our performances continue to improve for the rest of this season, Mosh and Blue Bill should be straight down to Premier League HQ demanding a mid season break be introduces ASAP.

He's still not the answer imo and I don't think he'll ever do anything other then take us even further backwards long-term. A 0-0 draw againt the RS doesn't change anything for me.

However, even if I don't believe he'll fix us, I will continue to back him and desperately hope that he proves me wrong for however long he's here.

I don't think people are hyping up the RS result as the saving grace but I think most expected us to get absolutely stuffed by them lot but like Anfield we turned up and we had a decent go. I'm willing to see how he fares till the end of the season but I want answers to why the winter period was so dreadful you can't play like that in this league or you'll find yourself in relegation.
Apparently we had more points this season than we did last at this current stage even though we're lower in the league so I'm kind of 50-50 right now.

He was tasked when coming in with changing the style. That's complicated matters.

The truth is that any fool can set up to keep tight and get a draw and nick the odd win.

I find myself on dangerous ground agreeing with @davek , but his statement speaks volumes to the problems/issues we have had this season.

We all want our style of play to change from the absolute dross we suffered last season and that takes time.

Full support of Marco here.

I hark back to threads on expectations for the season and i remember the prevailing narrative that mid table, if Everton style of play was palatable and watchable would be a reasonable expectation for the season. I think that what we have got really, it was always going to be boom and bust football, putting down foundations and a period of adjustment.

The players he inherited where a fragile bunch maimed by the trauma of last season with soggy wheeatbix confidence. to turn that around and show a modicum of resilience is telling. He has also improved the performances of some players who had the quality but didnt produce it, Gylfi, Gueye, Keane and DCL, Davies, Kenny and Lookman stand out for me in spells.

When we look at the players we have relied on they are mostly his signings, Zouma Richalison, Bernard, Digne, Gomes etc.

He has done that in the context of walking into a basket case of a club, with a budget deficit, a bloated ineffective fragile squad that was a mismatch of players from five different managerial reigns before him.

He has done well in my opinion and their is plenty of mitigation for some not ideal results. Stability is key, we have built to a level and stability has coperfastend it, we have to look to the summer to build on the foundations put down this season.

Marco is the man, minimum three year job here.

I hark back to threads on expectations for the season and i remember the prevailing narrative that mid table, if Everton style of play was palatable and watchable would be a reasonable expectation for the season. I think that what we have got really, it was always going to be boom and bust football, putting down foundations and a period of adjustment.

The players he inherited where a fragile bunch maimed by the trauma of last season with soggy wheeatbix confidence. to turn that around and show a modicum of resilience is telling. He has also improved the performances of some players who had the quality but didnt produce it, Gylfi, Gueye, Keane and DCL, Davies, Kenny and Lookman stand out for me in spells.

When we look at the players we have relied on they are mostly his signings, Zouma Richalison, Bernard, Digne, Gomes etc.

He has done that in the context of walking into a basket case of a club, with a budget deficit, a bloated ineffective fragile squad that was a mismatch of players from five different managerial reigns before him.

He has done well in my opinion and their is plenty of mitigation for some not ideal results. Stability is key, we have built to a level and stability has coperfastend it, we have to look to the summer to build on the foundations put down this season.

overall no he hasn't, far from it

he needs time like but lets not lie and say he's done well

You make it sound a win at Newcastle is a given.
ANY team would do well to take anything from St James park , Rafael has definately turned a corner with them. Tough game.
Newcastle is def not a given.
Real important game in terms of the next home match.
Just saying, if we win it sets it up nicely against Chelsea, esp with regards atmosphere and the players stepping up again.

Have argued in another thread that siren/zcars should only be played when we have won away in the previous game.
It like a salute to the players for winning away and a call to battle to do it again on home turf.
The intensity/stakes/expectations are raised.
Surely that's the type of real atmoshpere/logic that players live for - and what is needed.
Makes the managers job easier as well.

You can't be coming on here with sensible posts mate, it wont be tollerated. I'm a bit more on the fence, but have the overiding feeling we need stability for a year or two. This gives him and Brands time to sort the majority of the squad balance out. Being patient has reaped rewards before, and it's what's needed now.

Fair enough, but how do you reconcile that with his tactics and style of play which have been reckless and impatient some of the time and bereft of ideas and intent for the rest of the time - with moments of good play which are probably more down to the players than the manager.
The way the team plays is a direct reflection of the manager.
The exception is when you get something like the derby - where the supporters and players got that result.
It could have been a win if Silva had drummed into Walcott what he needed to do.

Marco's moment of the season should have been the 38min, Walcott cutting it back for Sig or Bernard to score. It would have lifted the roof off.
His tactics are based on setting up this type of opportunity and the player he selected didn't have a clue. Bernard throwing his hands up said it all.
The real hope for the rest of the season is that the players and supporters continue to respond - this is where the real 'foundations and 'adjustment' lies this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.