• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious that we hold Marco's time at Hull City - where he did really well - and Watford against him. Hull City, I mean, come on. They were doomed. Watford...again, this is Watford. I'm glad they got some good players, happy the are doing well right, but what should be the expectations, that he should win the flipping league? Come on.

Yet, we persued him like he was the best thing since sliced bread. If he'd spent 3 years there and consistently got them in Europa ore even better got them at least within touching distance of CL then I'd consider him to be a very talented manager to be able to do that with their squad. Done nothing to warrant us appointing him. Half a season with Watford before caputulating. If it's because of our interest then he's unprofessional if it's because he couldn't get them out of their slump then he's just plain not good enough.

Ha Ha, no neither! Just saying we have to stop conceding so many cheap goals. You have to start at the back, solid foundations, before you can expand your game. This is the manager’s job, to implement a system the players are capable of executing. I’m not seeing this at present.
I agree entirely with you. We ( very quickly ) need to find a balance between defending properly and expansive football. They are not mutually exclusive.
Any half decent coach should be able to organise a team to defend set pieces. Sadly it seems that Silva is not capable of even doing this.

What most of the fanbase dont realise when saying sack him is who we would get in.

There would be no major manager coming in like some hope for as we are a midtable team. No top manager would come here bar a manager at the end of their career who want money ala Pellegrini.

We would get brands manager who he wants to work with , and I can guarantee you it would be one that is small time. No big list of trophies behind them , no high profile , a small time manager. Consider that his previous job recruited from within and hired former players as coaches , that's the avenue we would go down.

Not necessarily an internal appointment but inexperienced ones with the plan to develop them over time ala the players we will bring in. So in the short term the season will be the same , still have issues and still not break the top 6.

Long term it could pay dividends, but fans don't seem too patient to see the payoff and instead call for managers heads at the first sign of trouble.
I disagree with your assesment of our fans expectations.
We have been served so much rubbish for so long we have no expectancy of top 4 or even top 6 even though significant funds have been expended.
What I and , I think , fellow supporters are expecting to see is some progression and improvement.
Up until the Derby you could argue that despite mixed results there was some hope for the future.
Since then the slump has been alarming and worse still Silva appears to have no answer as to how to turn things around.

So, do you guys think Silva has lost the supporters and is therefor on deaths door, or do you think he can turn this around?

Im starting to think he’s not the right man to turn this negative trend, but hope Im wrong.

So, do you guys think Silva has lost the supporters and is therefor on deaths door, or do you think he can turn this around?

Im starting to think he’s not the right man to turn this negative trend, but hope Im wrong.
Part of me thinks he should be given a few seasons and windows the other part of me (child) wants him sacked and want's success NOW! I Think the previous is the sensible option but in modern day football this is nonsense

If anyone is interested.

Adrian Durham and Mickey Quinn are having a phone in segment on talkSPORT at 6 p.m.

subject....Marco Silva being all “hype” and a “myth”.

They have already alluded to how easy we were bullied on Saturday and about the pathetic defending at set pieces....which they attribute to bad coaching.

He hasn’t “lost” the matchgoing fans yet......but I sense that will change if we fail to beat Huddersfield and then put on another tepid performance on Saturday.

And I am expecting both those eventualities :(

In the three seasons before he came to us, he'd won the league in Holland, then come and got a 7th and 6th placed finish with a Southampton side that consistently sold their best players. His record was iffy about 10 years before that but in the seasons before he was appointed with us, he'd been in good form relatively speaking and was the highest calibre of manager we could then have attained.

he won in Holland, flopped at Valencia, did well with Southampton but doing well with Southampton should not be a gauge if you are serious about trying to break into the elite. I thought Koeman a cracking player and he dined out on his reputation. A manager who prefers golf to football.

If anyone is interested.

Adrian Durham and Mickey Quinn are having a phone in segment on talkSPORT at 6 p.m.

subject....Marco Silva being all “hype” and a “myth”.

They have already alluded to how easy we were bullied on Saturday and about the pathetic defending at set pieces....which they attribute to bad coaching.

Lost interest the moment I read Mickey Quinn.

I disagree with your assesment of our fans expectations.
We have been served so much rubbish for so long we have no expectancy of top 4 or even top 6 even though significant funds have been expended.
What I and , I think , fellow supporters are expecting to see is some progression and improvement.
Up until the Derby you could argue that despite mixed results there was some hope for the future.
Since then the slump has been alarming and worse still Silva appears to have no answer as to how to turn things around.

I agree with this. I would have been happy with 8th (still achievable) as long as there was defintely some progress in terms of playing style and consistency. So far I've seen neither. I'm probably doing him a disservice. Up until the Derby we looked ok in terms of playing style.

He hasn’t “lost” the matchgoing fans yet......but I sense that will change if we fail to beat Huddersfield and then put on another tepid performance on Saturday.

And I am expecting both those eventualities :(
I can't see us winning either game but I could see us losing both.
If that happens I would be very suprised if Moshiri took no action.

Status
Not open for further replies.