• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manager is responsible for training players to play to achieve a result, picking the team and motivating them.

I don't see our style yet and when good players like Gomes, Pickford and Richarlison have gone backwards during the season you have to ask why?

Confidence, coaching or a bad style? All of these come back to the manager and his team.

Good managers can achieve results with the players they have. Good clubs provide players to improve the team. Look at Bielsa at Leeds and the difference he is making with those players. Managers in the lower half of the table get more value for money out of their squad than we do.

I don't want Silva out because it is the Club that is at fault here. The chain of responsibility stops with those in charge of the Club, they appoint people to make decisions and if those people are not doing their job it is the Club's fault.

While we need to improve the squad we also need the manager to motivate the current players to over achieve - not watch them go backwards.

Watford fans rolling around laughing at us right now
Bless their little heart's. I'm so happy for them, to be three points clear in mid jan of one of the worst Everton teams in the history of the club thats also under the stewardship of one of the worst managers in the club's history is quite the achievement for little Watford. Somthing to tell their grandkids about eh?!

Nope. He will be judged on league position not the FA Cup.
Depends on how well he does in the cup really doesn't it? I Mean, I completely agree that he should be judged on the league position but should we fluke the fa cup (We won't and sadly we'll more then likely crash out againt Millwall at the weekend) it'll be very hard for the club to just dismiss the first Everton manager to win a trophy in a quarter of a century.

These next two games are huge for both our season and Silva personally. A win in the cup and three points in the league will give him breathing space for a while. Defeat in on will mean discontent grows and defeat in both could very well mean the end of the road. The biggest week of our entire season is coming and Silva will inevitably be judged based on how we do during it.

We hire a manager who has a track record of failing/flirting with relegation, and he turns out to be rubbish. What a surprise. Whereas Southampton, for example, hire a manager who's had some success. He may not have won things (they're not a 'big six' club and can't attract the elite managers) but at least he's heding in the right direction. We need to get rid of Silva or we'll never win anything. And don't quote Kendal/Ferguson, they're the exceptions to the rule. Unfortunately, most mangers who look rubbish and talk rubbish are rubbish

The Manager is responsible for training players to play to achieve a result, picking the team and motivating them..

We as fans are also responsible for motivating the players. The past 3/4 years have been one big disappointment with managers coming and going. I don't want Marco gone, as the financial consequences of sacking Marco Silva and the staff are far too big, but I'm also not happy with the way we are playing.
The team performed brilliantly at the start of the season. It's not long ago that we (all of us) were praising the attacking football and the new signings. I'm just hoping that we can return to that kind of football.

Did we actually interview anyone else or was it always Silva and only Silva? It seemed like the later. Personally I think our problems are more deep-seated than the manager but he should be doing better.
No we didn't. The people running this club decided before they'd even sacked Koeman to peruse Silva and despite the fact that Waford said no, we kept going. I'd actually admire the club's refusal to take no for an answer if their target was worth the time and the effort but sadly he's worth neither. The only reason we got saddled with BFS for six mouths is because of the powers that be and their obsession with Silva. The lengths we've gone to get this joker is enough to make me weep.

He's 100% the worst manager never ever had
Nah, he's not even close.

Mike Walker wasn't fit to manage a gang of lads in a park having a kick about. Not only is he the worst manager on the club's history but he's the worst manager to ever set foot in Goodison park full stop. Seriously, I wouldn't truth that moron to instruct the ball boys on what to do.

Sam frigging allardyce got more points than this fraud with tom Davies in the team

This manager would get you relegated with messi in the team

We have more points now than we did at the same stage last season. We have scored more goals and conceded less.

We are not playing well at the moment. Yesterday was a pathetic display from players and manager. The tactics were inept and our players couldn't pass five yards.

Are we blaming a manager for players not being able to do the basics?

Of course.

On paper, the players we have can do the basics and more. Lookman, Sigurdsson, Rich, Gomes are all very talented and we’ve seen earlier in the season what they’re capable of producing.

If the form of every single one of them has fallen off a cliff and they’re not gelling as a unit, you have to start asking questions of the man who is there to organise and motivate them.

After every non arsed performance he repeats the same words, "We were not aggressive enough", "we didn't start well".

The question is why are we not aggressive enough? Is it down to our players being pussies or it is just poor coaching and not being good at motivating them?

If all Silva can do is summarise the performances while failing to work out a solution the whole week between games them its simply not good enough!

We as fans are also responsible for motivating the players. The past 3/4 years have been one big disappointment with managers coming and going. I don't want Marco gone, as the financial consequences of sacking Marco Silva and the staff are far too big, but I'm also not happy with the way we are playing.
The team performed brilliantly at the start of the season. It's not long ago that we (all of us) were praising the attacking football and the new signings. I'm just hoping that we can return to that kind of football.

To go for him in the first place was a very odd move.

Status
Not open for further replies.