• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be honest, i would rather go with the newer bunch going forward, as opposed to the old guard, who have failed our last couple of managers.So yes there is a a core of senior players, that are a problem.The evidence of that, is right there in front of our very eyes, over the past 3 to 4 years.
I mean, you've tried making this point, but who, exactly, are the "old guard"? Again, at least HALF of the team on any given match day are his signings. The only one who has played for the club over 2 years is Coleman. The "core of senior players" as you put it barely make the bench much less play bar our RB who needs replacing.

Can people stop misusing the word fraud? Silva is far from a fraud, he has had success as a manager. Maybe he's just not suited for this league, then again he hasn't had the time at any of his jobs over here to know for sure after all he was tapped up by Watford when he would have been well equipped to bring Hull back up had he stayed, then got sacked after 6 months by Watford because we may/may not have done the same thing and now he's in his 6th month here

Happen United have turned his head behind the scenes hence the appalling drop off in Everton’s performances since Jose was fired :(

... What I don't understand is that Silva hit upon a successful template to play away in the PL with the 5-1 vs. Burnley. Three at the back with Digne and Kenny/Coleman as wingbacks, Sigurdsson playing a deeper role, with a proper centre-forward in Calvert-Lewin up top.

Why change? At least with three centre-backs we would have stood a greater chance of marshalling Ings and Redmond more effectively.

... What I don't understand is that Silva hit upon a successful template to play away in the PL with the 5-1 vs. Burnley. Three at the back with Digne and Kenny/Coleman as wingbacks, Sigurdsson playing a deeper role, with a proper centre-forward in Calvert-Lewin up top.

Why change? At least with three centre-backs we would have stood a greater chance of marshalling Ings and Redmond more effectively.
Not all teams are as bad as Burnley!

It's early days and he deserves at the very least to see the season out but I'm in the same frame of mind I was at the end of Martinez' time here in that I just don't see what we are or what exactly we are trying to achieve. We aren't solid at the back, don't control the midfield and look disjointed up top.

Well some of this lot, have failed to perform for Martinez, Koeman, Unsy, Fat Sam, and they don't seem to be performing for Silva either.Im willing to wait, until Silva has his own squad built, before making judgement on him.At the moment, it's all up in the air.But he needs at least, two full seasons in the job.

It’s down to his tactics and the inability the setup a defence.

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Gana, Lookman, Sigurdsson and the rest are his players yesterday. Zero excuse to get anything below 7th.

It’s down to his tactics and the inability the setup a defence.

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Gana, Lookman, Sigurdsson and the rest are his players yesterday. Zero excuse to get anything below 7th.

I would be disappointed if we don't get 7th.But i still think that he needs two full seasons.

I get that he has his own system and style he wants , but, our players don’t suit it. I know we can’t sell 11 and buy 11 players at once but surely a decent manager will play a system that suits the players and chamber the system and personnel gradually. Asking players to do things that they are weak at isn’t the answer.

I get that he has his own system and style he wants , but, our players don’t suit it. I know we can’t sell 11 and buy 11 players at once but surely a decent manager will play a system that suits the players and chamber the system and personnel gradually. Asking players to do things that they are weak at isn’t the answer.
Think he's compromised his preferred way of playing quite a bit for this crew. Today was one of the first times the other team went out of their way to prevent us from moving the ball through the wide areas of midfield. The problem is that he doesn't have any choices in the center of the pitch. Think he'd love to have a double pivot as DMs, but he has Gana and no one else of playing it. There are other things I think he'd try, but just doesn't have the players. Coleman is definitely not a Silva type player. Walcott is the antithesis of a Silva player. The center backs don't seem like great fits other than Mina, who can definitely use his feet. Think he needs to play at this point. Hate to keep switching CB pairings, but his ability to pass a ball makes a difference.

I don’t think he is the problem yet I don’t think he is the solution either. This Everton conundrum won’t be solved with revolving door managers. If we make another appointment, it damn well better be a good one or I can’t see any manager taking a chance at everton.

I mean, it's pretty easy to see the defensive issues. He instructs his fullbacks to bomb up the pitch like Martinez did. The DIFFERENCE(especially in year 1 for Martinez) was that one of the DM's were told to go cover for that fullback so they weren't exposed. Eventually Martinez's players were pressed high up the pitch which kind of screwed his ideas.

Silva, from what I can see, wants his fullbacks high up the pitch. But he's not instructing his DM's to cover for them nor are his DM's fast enough to fix that. You could see what happened today, Redmond ran off Coleman so that Keane pulled off and then ran inside way past both CB's. Coleman is on the downside, you can see that, but the tactics still are mind numbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.