• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwall do or die for him now isn't it?

He's not improved us at all that I can see which makes the league campaign pretty pointless.

You never know in the cup though.

Completely agree he’s pushing the players and he’s always been behind them but we aren’t there yet. No reason why other than we don’t have the quality to pull it off yet.

A lot of folks are blaming the players and I find it unfair. It’s just simply wrong style. We were good during the start of the season when the sole objective is to press and counter attack. Even with 10 men we played better football. This team is build to counter and nothing else will bring the best out of them. We were disaster when we defend deep under Sam and we are now disaster trying to be expansive under Silva.

What was he thinking? This isn’t just a Silva thing, why do managers do this at clubs like us? We’ve got no chance of top four, if he wins a cup for us he gets every single fan on board. It’s bizarre.

They seem to think we don't want it because it isn't as well looked upon as the FA Cup.

The reality is we'd take anything at this stage.

Clubs who stick by their managers are generally more successful. Guardiola had a poor run in his 1st season at city with superior squad. Look at taggart at united. He would have been gone within 3 months at this club in the current climate. I think we a decent team with some flaws trying to fit a few square pegs in round holes. Most fans were happy with the starting 11 today when posted. our squad is poor currently we haven’t got any back up in centre mid who the fans trust other than the 3 playing but it needs a bit of rotation and rest but that includes having quality back up. Davies is shot of confidence and Schnieds shall I say any more. Vasic is in Russia when really he should be pushing siggy for a starting place. Then we have the Richarlison conundrum. He looks out of sorts and may well need another break for a couple of weeks. We’ve got a striker in Tosun who Silva clearly doesn’t fancy but our fans are expecting him to score when he’s only playing a bit part in games and where’s the Nigerian kid surely we should be pushing for a work permit.Then there is the right back situation. I think kenny should be given a run in the team just to see if he is a suitable back up in the coming seasons. The recipe was working but now it isn’t but maybe the team needs a bit of rotation we may take a few knocks but finish the season strong and concentrate our main effort on the cup. Let’s temper expectation a little and get behind the team. I’m giving him a pass TIL the end of the season then let’s see where we can strengthen in the summer and try and burn some of the dead wood.
Decent team? Everton?

Looking at our remainging games I can’t see how we don’t finish bottom half. Home games are going to be torture. Some right arse kickings in those fixtures. Early in the season we looked decent away but didn’t get the results but we played all the big guns so it was explainable. Now we are playing the poor teams but getting slapped all over. I can see us finishing 13th to 16th this season. If so that’s sackable. It’d be a disgrace.

All I’m saying is if some people had their way we would be going through 3 or 4 managers a season. We are in a slump. But I think with better squad rotation and a decent cup run we can get through this, and comeback better from it. We have a young team that maybe needs to mature. I didn’t see the game today but we need some patience as what I’ve seen this season has been the good. The bad and the ugly. But compared to last season it’s nothing in comparison and nobody on here can deny that.We were very lucky last season, (Remember the West Brom game at home) this season we haven’t been as fortunate but we are about where we should be. With a similar clutch of teams that we aren’t much better than if at all. The only advantage we have is that we have a lot of players to lose from a top heavy squad that will generate cash and we need to replace these players with a fewer number of quality players in the next windows and we have a young team. This is just the start, have faith. Bear in mind I was ready for putting my season ticket away for the rest of the season at 5pm today so we all get frustrated. I’m just trying to rationalise.

A lot of folks are blaming the players and I find it unfair. It’s just simply wrong style. We were good during the start of the season when the sole objective is to press and counter attack. Even with 10 men we played better football. This team is build to counter and nothing else will bring the best out of them. We were disaster when we defend deep under Sam and we are now disaster trying to be expansive under Silva.
I say 2-3 more transfer windows and he will have his team but until then it would suit us to play simpler

I honestly don't know what the answer is,we had players struggling to pass the ball 3 yards today,players running the ball out when under no real pressure,there was a spell when we pushed right up on their back line in the 1st half and had them under pressure but they would play a ball into midfield and the pressure was off,Pickford kept wellying the ball up to Richarlson who had no chance of winning a header and if he did there wasnt a blue shirt within 10 yards of him,the subs were not great but look at the squad,Coleman,Gylfi,Gomes who could you bring in in place of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.